I am in desperate need of a band but I cant find one. I tried posting adverst in the Musicians Ads section of this site to no avail, which has given me a very crazy idea indeed.

Now I need some help with this idea. So here it is:

On a Wednesday afternoon at about 1.50pm everyone at my university will walk through the main areas of campus to go to their places of business (there are no afternoon lectures EVER on a Wednesday). Since Im looking for a band to join or start, I would need to play my guitar loud and proud right outside the main campus area.

Problem:

I wont be able to plug into a mains outlet as I wont have access to one. Also, I dont want to run wires through any buildings or go near the library incase people are doing self study and I dont want to disturb them.

My question is, are there any devices that are portable that I can use to power my amp, my pedal and my guitar, where can I buy it and how much am I looking at spending?

I have this whole thing planned out, I just need this one "thing" to enable me to do it.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
you should buy a portable energy generator...hardware stores should have them...about 100bucks...i think, or steal some uranium...
Find a big battery with a standard plug thing
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
Quote by xX_JIMI_Xx
Portable amps

im pretty sure you can get portable power supplies as well that you plug in at home to charge up and then take them elsewhere.

I knew they were called something. Thanx dude.

*Slaps head for not realising portable amps exist*
Quote by Guitardude19
I would need to play my guitar loud and proud right outside the main campus area.

or go near the library incase people are doing self study and I dont want to disturb them.

Loud guitar would disturb people a bit though.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Loud guitar would disturb people a bit though.

The main campus area will not have any lectures going on at the time. The Library is at the back end of campus so I cant go there even if I wanted to :P
Quote by Guitardude19
The main campus area will not have any lectures going on at the time. The Library is at the back end of campus so I cant go there even if I wanted to :P

*deathstares*
You're most-likely to recieve a few bad stares. But that's rock n' roll, kickass baby!
Quote by alexi_laiho
i really want to make a pedal-powered wheelchair...
The guy in U2 just put a flier up at highschool and look at the members he got. I heard this on a mini doco during some ad break, not a huge fan, just an example.
Quote by henza_x
Ppl will give you money, but you wont find a band.
You never know. They might like him and ask if they wunna form a band, better hope your good Anyways good luck with that "Zany" idea
please don't stand in your uni and play guitar!!

it's a real muppety thing to do.
just find like minded musicians. no-one will approach you because people will be intimidated and not know what to make of it.

i certainly wouldn't go up to someone. it's not very rock n roll.
Quote by blinnk16
You're most-likely to recieve a few bad stares. But that's rock n' roll, kickass baby!

Rock N' Roll all the way!

Quote by henza_x
Ppl will give you money, but you wont find a band.

Making money in the process is never a bad thing....

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
The guy in U2 just put a flier up at highschool and look at the members he got. I heard this on a mini doco during some ad break, not a huge fan, just an example.

That is an idea. Damn it just might work!

Quote by controlfreak

just find like minded musicians. no-one will approach you because people will be intimidated and not know what to make of it.

If I do it naked would it be rock and roll then?
Yeah sorry,
CONTROL FREAK makes a very good pt.
i wouldnt go up to u and say "oh wow join me and we'll make a band" because
if your good id be intimidated and assume u already have a band
and if ur bad, well i dont need that then
Quote by controlfreak

he'll attract those as weird and zany as him, so it will be like minded muso's
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects