T-Cophony, never heard of him before but these clips sound pretty damn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHWC8_UgjME&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVGgGHbeL70&mode=related&search=

I saw some other dude play this style of guitar a while ago and it looks second to impossible. Can anybody play it well enough to give tips on how to do it?
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
Hehehe Democracy in your sig is spelt wrong

Sorry about that, don't know what came over me...I don't know anything about that style of guitar either, i don't even know what its called. Im sure someone will
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
it sounds pretty nice, but in the second video... where hes using two capo's, how can he get any decent sounds in between the capo's, i mean, nothing amplifies it, right?
Quote by Mister.Y
it sounds pretty nice, but in the second video... where hes using two capo's, how can he get any decent sounds in between the capo's, i mean, nothing amplifies it, right?

And he is striking notes in between the 2 capos as well....Im thinking he hasn't tightned the one around the 12th fret area properly so that the capo acts a automatic natural harmonic
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
Im extreamly interested in this "t-cophony" and have been for a while, particularly with the second song where he uses 2 capos. This is the one i mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVGg...related&search=

Iv been researching this method and have spend several weeks trying to find a solution to how this technique works and how hes actually producing this sound, but iv found nothing. I know UG is full to the brim with talented and knowlegable guitarists, so iv come here to see if i can finally shed light on this. The tuning, the capos, everything is a mystery, and iv spent too much time on this project to give up. So can ANYONE help me?

cheers
Yea he's pretty cool, try andy mckee, and justin king, and tommy emmanuel for more of that style.

Quote by Arnold Rimmer
Im extreamly interested in this "t-cophony" and have been for a while, particularly with the second song where he uses 2 capos. This is the one i mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVGg...related&search=

Iv been researching this method and have spend several weeks trying to find a solution to how this technique works and how hes actually producing this sound, but iv found nothing. I know UG is full to the brim with talented and knowlegable guitarists, so iv come here to see if i can finally shed light on this. The tuning, the capos, everything is a mystery, and iv spent too much time on this project to give up. So can ANYONE help me?

cheers

Acoustics + Drop tunings + Capos + Percussion = what you're looking for, just start learning songs by the guys like T-cophony, you'll get the jist of it

There's a lot of bass techniques used on the acoustic as well... But it's something you gotta figure out yourself man, because a lot of it is quite individualistic.
Last edited by Virgil_Hart05 at Oct 8, 2007,
That doesnt really help, im not new to guitar, i know all about alternate tunings etc, but this has stumped me. If you have any ideas on the thing im talking about please post.
I've never seen that done before tbh, I'd guess the highest capo just covers certain strings and the rest have gaps cut into the capo for the string to ring out... Either that or he uses some form of evil wizardry...

Iunno, I've learnt a fair chunk of Andy Mckee and Justin Kings pieces but I've never really seen that done before. :S

Try the acoustic forum, maybe they'll have more answers.

um... good luck finding what you're looking for lol
the higher capo is a partial capo that only blocks a couple of the strings, the rest run through to the other