Well I've been into down tempo ambient black metal stuff for a while now and thought I'd like to give it a go.

This is inspired by the likes of Burzum and a lot of the American 'suicide' black metal bands like Xasthur, Leviathan etc ect. Basically slow and depressing.

There are no vocals, so its probably quite boring right now.

Im pretty new to Cubase so the mixing and editing leaves a lot to be desired.

The mic i used is just one that came with the computer. The latency (i think thats what you call it) is pretty comical. It made it really hard to sync everything, but I think it lends itself to the sound (i.e pretty poor quality).

Check it out. Add if you like it.

Mōr
Quote by xX_JIMI_Xx
Well I've been into down tempo ambient black metal stuff for a while now and thought I'd like to give it a go.

This is inspired by the likes of Burzum and a lot of the American 'suicide' black metal bands like Xasthur, Leviathan etc ect. Basically slow and depressing.

There are no vocals, so its probably quite boring right now.

Im pretty new to Cubase so the mixing and editing leaves a lot to be desired.

The mic i used is just one that came with the computer. The latency (i think thats what you call it) is pretty comical. It made it really hard to sync everything, but I think it lends itself to the sound (i.e pretty poor quality).

Check it out. Add if you like it.

Mōr

Hey dude...... good job. very ****ing burzum. :L i like.
Yeah its sounds very boring.... (repetetive) but if you got some vox in there im sure it would sound better. It needs some refinement and some originality though.
Overall good work, i would like to see some more progression and ideas in your next songs.

Crit my shit if you have the time.
its not ambient black death metal.... but hey!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511205

EDIT: Reading over my post i realised i was a bit harsh.
I liked the songs a lot bro. And i added you.
Keep it up!
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
i dont think you were that harsh at all. it is damn boring without vocals

trouble is i dont know anyone who would do black metal style vocals.

thanks a lot for your comments, really appreciate it.

ive been thinking about something for a while now. would it be possible for someone to do vocals by me sending an mp3 of the song to them, then they record their vocals and send it back, and i can then mix it appropriately?

i wouldnt ever probably meet them lol. its probably not that practical, but is it possible? do people do it?
Quote by xX_JIMI_Xx
i dont think you were that harsh at all. it is damn boring without vocals

trouble is i dont know anyone who would do black metal style vocals.

thanks a lot for your comments, really appreciate it.

ive been thinking about something for a while now. would it be possible for someone to do vocals by me sending an mp3 of the song to them, then they record their vocals and send it back, and i can then mix it appropriately?

i wouldnt ever probably meet them lol. its probably not that practical, but is it possible? do people do it?

YEAH! i know loads of people that do that through UG.
Advertise it on your myspace. youll surely get a few replies.
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal