has anyone ever heard of or tried the old urban legend of bloody mary?

im reading all this stuff about it and i dont know what to do. i dont want to sound like a wuss but its kinda creepy, or else id try it.

the myth goes like this: go into a room (bathroom works best) with a mirror and turn all the lights out but keep a single candle lit by the mirror. have two other friends with you and one of you starts spinning around and around chanting "bloody mary" (up to 13 times i think).

when your done spinning, theres a lady ("bloody mary") in the mirror. she is said to kill you, gouge your eyes out, scratch ur face up/off, pull you through the mirror, or simply just completely terrify you.

you gotto be susperstitious to even begin to believe in this. if your not superstitious and your not afraid of what might happen, i think you should go try it........just see what happens, well...if anything.

"bloody mary" is supposed to be either a woman from a loong time ago who was hung for practicing witchcraft OR a modern day woman who was killed in a car crash whose face was mutilated very badly.

ALSO...its said if you chant "hell mary" 13 times...then satan will appear. eh, just thought id add that
wasn't bloody Mary a queen of England executed for ordering the execution of a load of other people?

meh i dunno i dont believe all that crap though.
Quote by StJimmy88

im reading all this stuff about it and i dont know what to do. i dont want to sound like a wuss but its kinda creepy, or else id try it.

Are you serious?
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
A bunch of friends and I tried both for laughs a couple of years ago. Nothing happened. Suprise, suprise.
UGHC Member
Quote by Magero
You're my whore....I'm Defy's...it's a chain dude...you just happen to be at the bottom of it...unless theres an ear-wig or someting you wanna make your bitch.

Quote by Vittu0666
You rock.
Quote by xX_JIMI_Xx
wasn't bloody Mary a queen of England executed for ordering the execution of a load of other people?

meh i dunno i dont believe all that crap though.

yeah, she was but thats not the same bloody mary. it said on a few websites that the mythical bloody mary is not the same as the queen of england or whatever she was

Quote by fronkpies
Are you serious?

well, yeah...i dont know, some websites and even a few friends say that you can really get ****ed up in the head. and...well, apparently it doesnt work for everyone i guess but im just curious.
Last edited by StJimmy88 at Jan 31, 2007,
lol, think it would be the blurry image of the candle that would make you see a face.
Jackson DK6
Epiphone Gothic Explorer
Washburn X Series
Randall R50TC
Peavy 100 watt solid state Amp(Early 1990s no idea on model)
Digitech Black 13
Digitech Death Metal
Boss Digital Delay, Noise Gate, Floor Tuner and Phaser
Quote by chiba666
lol, think it would be the blurry image of the candle that would make you see a face.

to be honest, i was thinking this too...
IMO this sort of thing only fucks up people who are prone to getting freaked out or who are already mentally unstable.
hm.
from what i know...it`s supposed to be directed at jesus`s mother mary.
and saying bloody as in a insult since she was such a good person.

either way ther`s another way.
three people in a room, tall mirror and all 3 people must be fully visible.
all say bloody mary 3 or 13 times, and she will do w/e.
my friend did it alone and came out of a room scratched from head to toe.
we thought he did it himself, but then kinda figured it would have been hard to get PERFECT scratches all the way down his back. plus he was only in the room for 10 seconds.

all i know is i`m never doin it x]
bloody marys... nah... i prefer clean vodka
Quote by clapton-floyd
I don't believe in free will, I believe in Rohypnol.
I have tried it..!!Nothing happend.....
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Quote by StJimmy88

the myth goes like this: go into a room (bathroom works best) with a mirror and turn all the lights out but keep a single candle lit by the mirror. have two other friends with you and one of you starts spinning around and around chanting "bloody mary" (up to 13 times i think).

when your done spinning, theres a lady ("bloody mary") in the mirror. she is said to kill you, gouge your eyes out, scratch ur face up/off, pull you through the mirror, or simply just completely terrify you.

you gotto be susperstitious to even begin to believe in this. if your not superstitious and your not afraid of what might happen, i think you should go try it........just see what happens, well...if anything.

"bloody mary" is supposed to be either a woman from a loong time ago who was hung for practicing witchcraft OR a modern day woman who was killed in a car crash whose face was mutilated very badly.

ALSO...its said if you chant "hell mary" 13 times...then satan will appear. eh, just thought id add that

Are you like...8?

Quote by StJimmy88

You ****ing turd.

Do you actually expect results? Don't you think it'd be in the headlines if something like this ever actually happened?
hey that bathory chick...
if you want to know more about her watch "stay alive"
the movie is about a game that all about her.
she`s one effed up lady.
Quote by Archaon

You ****ing turd.

Do you actually expect results? Don't you think it'd be in the headlines if something like this ever actually happened?

Although I'm not supporting his argument, you can't disregard something simply because it didn't make the news, that's just stupid.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by xdeline!

we thought he did it himself, but then kinda figured it would have been hard to get PERFECT scratches all the way down his back. plus he was only in the room for 10 seconds.

You're an idiot.
well, i dont know...im superstitious to some point. and i want to do it but i dont. i didnt know how many superstitious ppl were on UG so i just thought id try posting and see what i got. kinda interesting though

...and no. im 18 lol but sometimes i can think like i did in past years. but really, like xdeline! said...that kind of stuff is crazy.
Quote by StJimmy88

...and no. im 18 lol but sometimes i can think like i did in past years. but really, like xdeline! said...that kind of stuff is crazy.

Crazy and made up though.

I give my personal guarantee that if you do it any anything happens to you I will send you my guitars and picture of my penis to do with as you please.
Quote by fronkpies
Crazy and made up though.

I give my personal guarantee that if you do it any anything happens to you I will send you my guitars and picture of my penis to do with as you please.

*cue a phony video of Bloody Mary appearing on YouTube*
Quote by gallagher2006
Hm 3 guys and a woman in a bathroom...You'd probably overpower her n gang rape her or something.

That would be so hilarious
There's a load of videos on youtube if you search for 'bloody mary'. Some of them claim to be the 'summoning' caught on camera. I highly doubt it, but I'm not going to watch any. For some reason, horror (however poorly portrayed) and amateur filming give me the heebie-jeebies.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by JamesDouglas
Although I'm not supporting his argument, you can't disregard something simply because it didn't make the news, that's just stupid.

I'm not disregarding something that didn't make the news. If something like this was true it would have been all over the media and wouldn't just be an "urban legend".
1. bloody mary was queen mary who was just a tad blood thirsty hence the name.
1a. or it's a drink.
2. that will not happen unless you have had several bloody mary's. (the drink not the bloodthirsty queen)
Quote by xdeline!
hey that bathory chick...
if you want to know more about her watch "stay alive"
the movie is about a game that all about her.
she`s one effed up lady.

that movie was about her? i did not catch that...
ie done it before... nothing happened
Why do I let myself drown n the tears Ive cried4u over&over again When I know that u wont rescue me?
THE HARDEST GIFT2GIVE IS LOVE U KNOW IS NOT RETURNED
Whats the point n smilin if u hav no1 2smile4
Bloody mary

the act of giving a girl anal while she is on her period. while thrusting, blood gets on your balls and then when your done, she gives you a blowjob, as she is sucking you off blood gets on her chin and then when you finish off you pull out and yell, BLOODY MARY
Quote by notoriousnumber
I didnt think you could be that much of a twat. Piss off.
^ eew

Anyways, yeah I would try it, but Im not homosexual and therefore dont have candles in my house.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Quote by BrianApocalypse
It only works on halloween... and it's Biggy Smalls.

funny episode
StJimmy88 you might want to read into the bogey man.

Or tooth fairys.
Quote by xdeline!
hm.
from what i know...it`s supposed to be directed at jesus`s mother mary.
and saying bloody as in a insult since she was such a good person.

you, my friend, are very gullible....................unles you're being sarcastic