I'm going to chnage the pickup in my schect c-1 elite, cuz i don't like the sound.
what are some good suggestions for pickups?
i know emgs are really great, but i don't have the money for those.
EMG's are great but since they're powered you'll have to change a battery every once in a while. Seymour Duncans are the best for passive pickups. If you're playing metal, try the JB & '59 Combo or the Dimbucker & Alnico II Pro Combo. Both good mixes.
I just looked at your style of music, you may wanna give the seymour duncan invader a try. as for your neck pickup, its entirely up to you.
I'm going to chnage the pickup in my schect c-1 elite, cuz i don't like the sound.
what are some good suggestions for pickups?
i know emgs are really great, but i don't have the money for those.

You can change the pickup, but it might not be the solution. What amp are you using, what EQ settings do you use, what effects do you use and what is it you don't like about the sound? You need to answer those questions before you think about pickups.

Althought the Dimebucker and Invader are both shite no matter what your rig...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Stay away from the Invader...
Also, I dislike the JB.

What kind of amp do you have?
I believe the correct course of action to dramatically change your tone is to get a better amp. An amp is A LOT of your tone.

However, if you insist on getting new pickups...
A Seymour Duncan SH-2 Jazz in the neck.
and a Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom in the bridge.

This'll be a very versatile setup. Good cleans up top, and aggressive rhythm down low. The SH-11 is a PAF-voiced humbucker, so it's great for rock. The SH-2, though called Jazz, is capable of much more. Good pickup.
i have the invader in my squire.
i like that sound a lot better than the shcecters.
i have crate xt120r amp. but even when i played the guitar thru a marshall half stack in guitar center i didn't like the sound either.
The Invader is certainly more aggressive than your stock pickups were...but trust me...It's mostly a high output monster that just eats at your clarity. There are better aggressive pickup choices out there for you. If you want a more rocking neck pickup than the Jazz (which is actually good for rock...) you can also use the SH-1 '59. That's a good match with the SH-11.
what i'm looking for is a pair of pickups that has a nice, not real heavy, but rich distortion sound but a nice clean. the invader has the great distortion, but the clean just sucks assss
i was just lookign at musicians friend and it seems like that seems like a pretty good combo
i'm guessing the sh11 in the bridge and the 1 in the necck?
k i'm gonna do a lil more research. thanks for ur help tho.
have you personally used these or do you know this just from reading?
I don't own the '59, but the shop I go to which specializes in hotrodding guitars has one, and I think it's great. Next Humbucker guitar I have is gonna have this combo, most likely.
I've also tried the SH-11 a bit, but my real experience with it is actually from it's brother pickup, the SH-5 Custom. They're essentially very similiar, but the SH-5 having a ceramic magnet instead of the Alnico II. This makes the SH-11 a little smoother, but still the same bark and snarl that the SH-5 has. It also has some more mids and a sweeter top end than the SH-5. Definitely my next Seymour Duncan humbucker.
I have the SH-5 in my SG, and I'm very satisfied with it in there.
The Invader is certainly more aggressive than your stock pickups were...but trust me...It's mostly a high output monster that just eats at your clarity. There are better aggressive pickup choices out there for you. If you want a more rocking neck pickup than the Jazz (which is actually good for rock...) you can also use the SH-1 '59. That's a good match with the SH-11.

I sooooo want you to draw that monster...I'm imagining it to be purple.

Dimarzio Breeds are always worth considering if you like lots of tone, fat and warm. I've jammed with a bloke who's been playing 30 years and he thinks my Breed equipped iceman is one of the nicest sounding guitars he's ever heard...he thinks the lower horn looks like a penis though

Norton/Breed combo is really nice if you want to make the most of the warmth at the neck, but want things a little snappier at the bridge...both do good cleans although knocking back the guitar volume is pretty much a given with humbuckers.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by tim311mahoney
I just looked at your style of music, you may wanna give the seymour duncan invader a try. as for your neck pickup, its entirely up to you.

I'd skip the Invader. There is a tiny bit less output on them but, over all the SH-6 Duncan Distortion is by far a better pickup.
i have the invader in my squire strat. the only reason i really got it was i wanted to get rid of the single coil it had in it and cuz tom delonge of blink 182 used it in his signature model. (giving me that blink sound that i love)
Quote by forsaknazrael
due to popular demand....I present to you....
THE HIGH OUTPUT MONSTER!

You're my new favourite UGer. My hat goes off to you, sir.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Man, 4Sak is pretty godamned awesome. I'm going to nominate him for the "Who To Listen To" list.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
due to popular demand....I present to you....
THE HIGH OUTPUT MONSTER!

That's fantastic...I can die happy now

I think it's time for the floating spaghetti monster to step aside.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

seymour duncan invaders are on the tom delonge strats u shud like them

people would like them if they weren't shite....
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

if ppl would read this stuff b4 post i stated that i already have an invader in my strat. lol.
the clean sucks on it.
i was talking about the guy saying to get the invader.
...what a dumbass
Last edited by wh1ck3r at May 31, 2007,
i have a seymore duncan 59' and a distortion, and they sound great
Too cool for a signature.
allright, thanks all.

Quote by forsaknazrael
Alright, cool it. It wasn't really indicative that's what you meant.

and the dumbass was again to the people telling me to get an invader when i clearly stated i already had one. lol