Hi, sorry to bother everyone, but im a bit of a theory noob at the moment, so if someone could tell me what key this chord progression is in, and maybe recommend a good scale to solo over it in, id really appreciate it, thanks.

e:3-3-3
B:3-3-3
G:0-0-2
D:0-2-0
A:2-3-x
E:3-x-x
I say E minor n00bs

*theory joke*
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
I say E minor n00bs

*theory joke*

If it was e-minor wouldn't you have to raise that D to make it a major fifth?
Quote by tubadude
i lost my virginity before my dad.

Click
Quote by weezer ate cake

you totally lost me here, first off, thats not a D major, the third is raised to a fourth, E minor Contains naturally

Emin, F#m dim, G, Am, Bm, C, D
Quote by weezer ate cake
All of the notes used in that progression are acceptable in the key of E minor, but the progression is CLEARLY not in E minor.

He was making a stupid jokes that served no purpose and ultimately caused confusion. He should probably delete said joke.
Quote by z4twenny
you totally lost me here, first off, thats not a D major, the third is raised to a fourth, E minor Contains naturally

Emin, F#m dim, G, Am, Bm, C, D

i THOUGHT that in minor keys you have to look at the minors fifth (in the case of e it would be b) and then take THAT key's third and raise it a half step (so for b that would be d) so that you can have a major five chord. im thinking in terms of triads if im throwing anybody off here. anyway, am i totally off-base with this?
Quote by tubadude

Click
Quote by weezer ate cake
i THOUGHT that in minor keys you have to look at the minors fifth (in the case of e it would be b) and then take THAT key's third and raise it a half step (so for b that would be d) so that you can have a major five chord. im thinking in terms of triads if im throwing anybody off here. anyway, am i totally off-base with this?
It is common to have a major V chord in a minor key, but the chord does not actually fit in the scale. It is simply done because it sounds good.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
It is common to have a major V chord in a minor key, but the chord does not actually fit in the scale. It is simply done because it sounds good.

good to know, thankyou
Quote by tubadude

Click