Page 1 of 3
IBANEZ

Lots of people tell me stuff bout Ibanez like they suck and their not 4 METAL 2 every 1 who says that f*** OFF IBANEZ rule look at MICK thompson, Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani all amzing guitarists

Gear

Ibanez Prestige 2550E
Ibanez RGT6EXFX (limited edition)
Yamaha EG121 (starter Pack)
Ibanez Weeping Demon WAH pedal
Line 6 150W Spider 3 AMP
Zoom G7.1ut Multi Effects console
Line 6 Riff Tracker (Recording Software)
Congratulations....

Shut up.

EDIT: And last time I checked, Mick Thompson is no where near on par with Vai, Gilbert, or Satriani. He sucks. SOrry to break it to ya.
Quote by ExplorerFreak
Congratulations....

Shut up.

EDIT: And last time I checked, Mick Thompson is no where near on par with Vai, Gilbert, or Satriani. He sucks. SOrry to break it to ya.

I wouldn't say he sucks, I mean he can sweep pick, as well as shred. He write some good riffs (simple as they are), I'd say he's better than 85% of guitarists in the mainstream right now, if not more.
ibanez's are great for metal

Quote by The Casualty
I wouldn't say he sucks, I mean he can sweep pick, as well as shred. He write some good riffs (simple as they are), I'd say he's better than 85% of guitarists in the mainstream right now, if not more.

post link to a video where he sweep picks
Quote by Dr Grinwraith

Just look up his interview in Guitar world, and I think they have an intro to a song woth sweeps on their new album.
Dickless.
Quote by The Casualty

Okay, I would say I did speak before thinking and you are right. I have nothing against him either. I own everything that he and his bandmates have written.

I think that putting him with Gibert and Vai and Satriani was what made me jump to my conclusions.

EDIT:

Quote by Dr Grinwraith

I don't have a link but download a song called "Don't Get Close." It was on a disk included with the Vol3: Subliminal Verses Special Edition. He has a shred solo with sweeping.
Last edited by ExplorerFreak at Jan 31, 2007,
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Just look up his interview in Guitar world, and I think they have an intro to a song woth sweeps on their new album.

meh nothing speical
Quote by ExplorerFreak
Okay, I would say I did speak before thinking and you are right. I have nothing against him either. I own everything that he and his bandmates have written.

I think that putting him with Gibert and Vai and Satriani was what made me jump to my conclusions.

Oh well, okay then. Sorry.
Quote by guitarpunk8
IBANEZ

Lots of people tell me stuff bout Ibanez like they suck and their not 4 METAL 2 every 1 who says that f*** OFF IBANEZ rule look at MICK thompson, Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani all amzing guitarists

Gear

Ibanez Prestige 2550E
Line 6 150W Spider 3 AMP

So an Ibanez and a Line 6 Spider amp is the killer metal tone?

I love you.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Erm...this is rather pointless.

Ibanez's are known FOR being good at metal, not the opposite.

They are good for a lot of things ... but yeah....great.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by guitarpunk8
IBANEZ

Gear

Ibanez Prestige 2550E
Line 6 150W Spider 3 AMP

Look, I dont like you and I dont care whether you dont like me but you sir are stupid.
Only metal guitarist you named their is Mick Thompson, the rest arent metal fool..

And look around, Most metal core/Death Metal bands use ibanes! Jesus
First, Mick Thompson isn't metal. Second, the rest are shred guitarists, not metal.
Third, alot of metal guitarists use Ibanez. Check out Into Eternity and Dragonforce.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Quote by TwoString
If anything, let's discuss Ibanez guitars in country or jazz music. I think metal is a bit in Ibanez's ballpark at this point.

lol. ibanez jazz, what a disaster
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
since when has anyone said ibanez arent for metal?
i say they should be for metal only...
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by guitarpunk8
their not 4 METAL 2 every 1 who says that f*** OFF

ur so cool numbers ftw
Quote by IndieMetalhead
lol. ibanez jazz, what a disaster

Actually they have a lot of hollowbodies and some les paul style models.

And I'm sure an ibanez like and RG could still do Jazz, they can do blues very well.

Also
"First, Mick Thompson isn't metal. Second, the rest are shred guitarists, not metal.
Third, alot of metal guitarists use Ibanez. Check out Into Eternity and Dragonforce."

Mick Thomson is metal, take a listen to the solos on the subliminal verses (god i havent listened to tha album in years ) and the reason he doesnt sound as metal is cos the rest of the band don't want it to be as metal, i hear he's thinking of releasing a solo record, that should be metal enough. And Dragonforce isnt metal you have your things mixed up.
yeah dude ibanez guitars arent really good for music at all. They make great firewood though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah dude ibanez guitars arent really good for music at all. They make great firewood though.

GTFO *points to logout button*

My Ibanez kicks ass for everything I play.
That's great. BTW you can put all you gear in your signature, so you don't have to post it all the time in your post......
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Actually they have a lot of hollowbodies and some les paul style models.

And I'm sure an ibanez like and RG could still do Jazz, they can do blues very well.

Also
"First, Mick Thompson isn't metal. Second, the rest are shred guitarists, not metal.
Third, alot of metal guitarists use Ibanez. Check out Into Eternity and Dragonforce."

Mick Thomson is metal, take a listen to the solos on the subliminal verses (god i havent listened to tha album in years ) and the reason he doesnt sound as metal is cos the rest of the band don't want it to be as metal, i hear he's thinking of releasing a solo record, that should be metal enough. And Dragonforce isnt metal you have your things mixed up.

Hahaha. Ok. You're right, Slipknot is more metal than Dragonforce...LMFAO.
Current gear:
Ibanez SZ320
Crate XT120R
Quote by AtrumArx
First, Mick Thompson isn't metal.

Explain.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
How about you explain to me how he is metal?

He's in Slipknot? No, they are not metal.

EDIT: Go to the Bands and Artists section and check out where Slipknot is...Not in the metal section.

And go to metal archives, see if they are on there.
Current gear:
Ibanez SZ320
Crate XT120R
Quote by AtrumArx
How about you explain to me how he is metal?

He's in Slipknot? No, they are not metal.

EDIT: Go to the Bands and Artists section and check out where Slipknot is...Not in the metal section.

And go to metal archives, see if they are on there.

So you are letting websites judge wether or not a band fits in one genre? Who cares if someone ELSE says it? Its MY belief that Slipknot is a metal band. Yeah, a DIFFERENT metal band, but metal nonetheless.

And you didn't give a good reason. You basically said "He isn't metal because he isn't".
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
You didn't give me a reason besides "He is because I say so" so just shut up.

You have your opinion, I've got mine.

Drop it.
Current gear:
Ibanez SZ320
Crate XT120R
Slipknot is not metal you dumb ass.

They aren't even close, you must know nothing about real metal, I bet you are one of those kids who thinks Avenged Sevenfold is metal too.

Just because they use distortion and double bass drums doesn't mean shit.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Last edited by Vanquish at Jan 31, 2007,
Quote by AtrumArx
You have your opinion, I've got mine.

Exactly. You are challenging my opion that Slipknot is a metal band, and I am explaining my position. Its MY belief. Nothing more.

I belive that they are a metal band because of the sheer intensity of their music. Sure, IOWA sucked, but Volume 3 and the S/T record a frigging awesome. It seems kind of wrong--to me--that they wouldn't be called a Metal band because of the power that they convey. Especially live. See them live, and THEN try to convince me that they're not metal.

However, I'm wary to turn this into a full-blown argument, so I'm letting it go now. But like I said: Its my opinion. You challenged me, I responded. Thats it.

(However, if you want to continue, feel free to PM me)
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Quote by ExplorerFreak
Congratulations....

Shut up.

Precisely what I was going to say. Thumbs up.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by guitarpunk8
IBANEZ

Gear

Ibanez Prestige 2550E
Line 6 150W Spider 3 AMP

wow sir, you are a knob.
subliminaldelta, I said drop it then you type a novel. Good going.
Current gear:
Ibanez SZ320
Crate XT120R
I don't remember ever seeing anyone say Ibanez wasn't a metal guitar manufacturer
Joe Satriani and Steve Vai are also not metal guitarists, but that's just detail. Shred doesn't mean metal.

Anyway, people just stop replying, anyone notice he hasn't replied himself?
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
to lay this to rest, i kinda hate slipknot now, but mick thompson is a metal player ok, and to all you kiddies who listen to heavier bands, watch the good old video interview the late great Chuck Shuldiner did, sub genres are ****ing weak...long live chuck shuldiner..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H8loJH4ZSl8 he knows, trust me, ****ing legend
Page 1 of 3