I've only started playing the guitar recently and I'm thinking of buying my own guitar. SO i have my eye on the Ibanez PF60. I really want an electric-acoustic just because I actually play the guitar with my church. I also want the cutaway, and I'm not sure if i should get the natural color or the dark violin sunburst color.. I really don't know what the difference is.. this one also comes with a Ibanez Piezo Pickup and I really like the design of the pick guard,, and I plan on getting a guitar with that design on it anyways.. Right now i'm looking at it online at axemusic.com.. and the website is
http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp...=11394&PT_ID=36
for the natural and
http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp...=11395&PT_ID=36
for the dark violin..
but the picture is the same.. so i can't tell a difference of color..

any suggestions or comments?? should I even purchase this guitar as my first guitar? also, is it safe to buy a guitar (especially first guitar) online?
Thanks a bunch
my personal opinion is don't buy an instrument online because you can't play/see it personally. How long have you been playing and what are you willing to spend?
i've been playing for only a few months,, like.. 4 or 5? not even? not sure.. something like that.. and i'm willing to spend 500 max,, but the less the better,... obviously.
While we all want a guitar we like the looks of, buying a guitar because you like it's looks isn't the smart way to go. Other things to consider are the type of woods the guitar is made of. Mainly laminate vs. solid. The MFG'ers rep in the guitar community for value.
As a beginner, you would probably be satisfied, at least for awhile w/any new guitar. But I'm personally not an Ibanez fan and think you could do much better for your money. Or even less money.
1/2 my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair.
Alvarez AD60SC.
I think it goes for around $400 on musiciansfriend

Really nice guitar with a cool pickup system (the pickup has an inbuilt tuner which is pretty convenient) Has a solid Spruce top, sounds good and feels really nice to play