I love this guy so much. His music is incredible. In my opinion, he's the best blues guitarist there is today.

CHECK HIM OUT!
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

Last edited by tilleking at Jan 31, 2007,
Yeah dude, I saw him live at a jazz festival about a year ago, he's pretty good. Hadn't heard about him before that though so i was impressed.
Meh, he annoys me a bit, that sort of Hollywood blues I hate.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
he is one hell of a live performer though.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
hmmmmm, his tracks to seem to be lacking something, tho im not sure what...maybe a little more originality i duno? However i might go see him next time he swings round my local.
I dont really care much for him either. Something about his playing just doesnt hit me. He sounds like the sum of his influences, without anything original to say.

I get the same vibe from Matt O'Ree (the guy who won the GC King of the Blues).
Last edited by SuburbanCowboy at Jan 31, 2007,
I like his stuff, it's not straight blues, but Mr Bonamassa is certainly a dedicated blueshead.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
I haven't listened to his music in a long time but I remember thinking he wasn't much more than an SRV clone.
I've heard that he has done Had to Cry Today and All Your Love, which (the originals) are among my most fav songs ever! Can anyone show us the Bonamassa versions please?
I haven't listened to his music in a long time but I remember thinking he wasn't much more than an SRV clone.

Do you just copy and paste that for every new blues-influenced guitarist?
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
I saw him in Austin on his You and Me tour. Absolutely amazing. Fantastic player and he has a really nice metallic finish tele I like. He has over 500 guitars, that's cool. If he comes to your town, see him.
http://www.gigliottiguitars.com/
Thats his custom tele.
Its beautiful.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
I've heard that he has done Had to Cry Today and All Your Love, which (the originals) are among my most fav songs ever! Can anyone show us the Bonamassa versions please?

http://www.myspace.com/jbonamassa - his myspace site - it's got Had to Cry Today on (my favourite Bonamassa song).

Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

Cheers man!

It was really good, not quite Winwood and Clapton's dual guitars and vocal, but still good nonetheless.
Last edited by ECwomantoneman at Feb 4, 2007,
Better off posting this here than in the tabs forum... It might get the attention it deserves here...

I found two orgasmic Bonamassa powertabs on the web. It's a crime that they should be so seemingly untouched...

Here are the links.

Faux Mantini
Palm Trees, Helicopters & Gasoline

The slight disadvantage is that you have to register for "Powertabs.net", which isn't much of a problem. I tried to contact the author to advise that he submit them on UG, because they really are sensational tabs.

Anyway, enjoy.

Quote by holybassbatman!
True?

Quote by tilleking
The slight disadvantage is that you have to register for "Powertabs.net", which isn't much of a problem. I tried to contact the author to advise that he submit them on UG, because they really are sensational tabs.

Doubt it... unless something has changed, powertabs.net and UG don't have the best relationship. Powertabs had to close for a bit because of the whole copyright thing, so I think Cas uploaded the whole Powertab archive to UG. Maybe it's been settled by now, though.

edit: ah shit, you said author. misread it. Although, still, a number of powertab authors made accounts on UG simply to complain that their tabs were uploaded without permission...
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Yeah, well that's why I didn't take advantage of the tabs and upload them.. lol.
Quote by holybassbatman!
True?

this guy really blew me away when I randomly visited a freedom festival here in holland. We asked the people who's playing next, they said "it's something like Joe banana". Strangely enough, we waited for it, and then I watched his show and was very amazed by his guitar skill, the bassists skill. He's not quite original but he really has the blues down.
"it's something like Joe banana"

lol. Yeah, the bassist is something special (if indeed, it's the same bassist I've seen). He's called Eric Czar.l
Quote by holybassbatman!
True?

I'll be seeing him tonight, i cant wait, should be an amazing show.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Awesome. Where you seeing him?
Quote by holybassbatman!
True?