How would the pickup set up go for this guitar with active emg 81/85 pickups go? would the passive one in the middle have to be removed? or would it be a combination of active and passive pickups?
The guitar is an Ibanez RG2550E Prestige with an Edge 2 Tremelo System.

heres a pick of the guitar
http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/RG2550EGK-81770eec64bde83fdea1dd39b0d90768.jpg
You can put an EMG S or SA in the middle.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
I think it'll sound great actually.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
someone from our school have this S prestige with zakk wylde's set, but with the original single in the middle still working. I asked him how did he do that, the stupid could not answer, he said that the dude who did this is an expert.
so it;s possible to combine them, but i wouldn't do it myself.
strat player forever.
its an edge pro bridge on that rg actually. :P
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
Quote by GuitarBoy-IL
someone from our school have this S prestige with zakk wylde's set, but with the original single in the middle still working. I asked him how did he do that, the stupid could not answer, he said that the dude who did this is an expert.
so it;s possible to combine them, but i wouldn't do it myself.

It definitely is possible, but it's really not worth it. You have to use different pots or buy an active booster for the original single, etc.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
it's not that difficult to do. can't remember how, just keep bumping it, sure someone that knows the answer will see it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
You could just replace the 5 way switch with a 3 way switch and not wire the middle single coil in.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
yeah, but his SC is wired in, so maybe he has this active booster like random said, because he still has two pots, volume and tone.
strat player forever.