Hey there!

I'm hoping someone can help me with this little dilemma!

I'm soon to be buying a new amp with a cabinet.. Going to buy used, since I'm not rich!!
I play mostly rock/metal.
And I currently use the v-amp 2, but don't know if I'll need that on any of these? Might be better to just buy a distortion pedal or something..?

I've looked at a few, but can't decide between these:

1. Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100W/1960A Lead (or JCM900 lead..? Are these two actually the same?) cab.

2. Marshall JCM900/Laney 4x12 Cab.

Or MAYBE: Marshall JCM900/1960A Lead Cab.

There's just a bit of price differencies, but nothing I can't deal with, so no need to worry about that..

Pleeeease give your opinions on this! I really need the help, and I really appreciate it!=)
My Gear:
Schecter Omen Extreme FR
Ibanez GAX 30
Snarling Dogs Whine-O Wah
V-Amp 2
Marshall JCM2000 DSL
Marshall 1982 4x12 Cab
Fender FM 210R

Member #23 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club.
PM Revelations to join!
Well, some people slate the JCM 2000 (not personal opinion, I dont really know) and the 900 seems to be higher up in most peoples opinions, and I have heard the 900, and it is a very good amp....and it can do metal (depending on what you class as metal)

what do yuo mean by metal? older/classic metal, or newer metal (maiden or trivium for example) if its more classicy/older then maybe a JCM 800 would be worth looking in to?
^^

yeap...
if you mean the 80's Metal (IE Metallica's KEA to AJFA)
then the JCM800 is the way to go...

and an addition to the JCM900...
it's basically a JCM800 with a little bit of gain and a bit more modern souning...

for the JCM2000 I haven't tried it really but some say it's good but others slack it...
just try them out if you can...

but then you can always buy a Laney GH50L as an alternative and can go secondhand too...

for the cabs hmm... I'd say go for a 1960AV... (I think that's right...)
just go with the V30's inside... (or should I say Celestion Vintage 30s)

on your choice man!
Hmm.. The DSL does have 2 modes on each channel though..

Would have been great with a little versatility..
I see both Trivium and Maiden as metal, and i like them both so..

I don't really know..
My Gear:
Schecter Omen Extreme FR
Ibanez GAX 30
V-Amp 2
Marshall JCM2000 DSL
Marshall 1982 4x12 Cab
Fender FM 210R

PM Revelations to join!
best bet is to try them. for trivium, a dsl might be better, but for the others I'd go 800.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Only problem is...

I haven't found a JCM800 that's not really old!!

But what about the cabs with the G12t-75..?(I think that's correct)
Aren't they any good?
My Gear:
Schecter Omen Extreme FR
Ibanez GAX 30
V-Amp 2
Marshall JCM2000 DSL
Marshall 1982 4x12 Cab
Fender FM 210R

PM Revelations to join!
i would go with the Marshall JCM900/1960A Lead Cab just cuz that is the one i have and i like it allot. you should also think about getting a pedal. a cheap one so that you can realy enjoy the effect of the amp. ENJOY
I guess I'm more into that modern tone.. Not so much vintage.. I like the old Metallica stuff offcourse, but I can't se myself with that tone in the band I'm playing in..

So i would probably guess that the 900 is more of "my style", than the 800 is..
Or maybe the DSL is even better then the 900..

Anyway! Thanks for helping me out so far!
My Gear:
Schecter Omen Extreme FR
Ibanez GAX 30
V-Amp 2
Marshall JCM2000 DSL
Marshall 1982 4x12 Cab
Fender FM 210R

PM Revelations to join!
^ you really have to try them to see which you prefer. if you're after the more modern metallica tone, I'm not sure I'd even be looking at marshalls...

most 800's will be old, they were made in the 80's... there's a reissue, but it's quite expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would have bought a Mesa if I could afford it.. But I kinda want a Marshall..
My Gear:
Schecter Omen Extreme FR
Ibanez GAX 30
V-Amp 2
Marshall JCM2000 DSL
Marshall 1982 4x12 Cab
Fender FM 210R

PM Revelations to join!
i happen to like the 2000, it has pretty good cleans. i haven't played it at high volume much, but it should warm up (low volumes it sounds a bit cold.) stand back 20 feet and play that amp. you won't get fender type cleans, but hey: it's a marshall
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.