I couldnt find anything on Fender's website about it, but there appears to be a new Strat for '07.

Even tough it doesnt seem to be an official Jimi model, they havent had a Jimi-influenced Strat out for awhile now. Never at that price, with those features, either.

Badass.
ahh now i get the title. thats pretty cool, personally i wouldnt buy it, i would just get a regular strat but its cool for all the jimi fanatics out there
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
They've done a few Hendrix models in the past, that one's nothing too impressive though.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
oh wow. thats cool. i didnt know about that.

there were jimi models made. but, when he died and "Experience Hendrix" was formed, they basically got half the money, and Fender wasn't paying them enough, so they took away theyre rights.
Saw it on the cover of the new Musician's Friend catalog. I'd rather have a normal strat myself.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
It looks just like the Classic Players 70's Strat but with the reversed headstock. Pretty neat though!
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by add45
It looks just like the Classic Players 70's Strat but with the reversed headstock. Pretty neat though!

Not to mention the '69 pickups, reverse wound.

And I knew they made various models in the past, I was just pointing out they havent had a new one for awhile, and not one for this price persay.
I'd rather get a lefty strat and flip it, instead of having the body and controls the normal way.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I have two Strats like that^^, to be honest it can get really uncomfortable after awhile. Im looking forward to having the knobs the other way around.