Alright guys, I have decided that I am getting a Fender Strat, not the expensive ones, but just a normal priced one in the 400s-700s. I play Chili Peppers, Sublime, Bedouin Soundclash, and I also like the classic rock like Hendrix, maybe some Zeppelin, Lynyryd Skynyrd. Now first I had my mind set on a Roland Cube 30 but realized that it may be to hard rock for the music I play. What amp do you guys think is best for my style, and is within the range of under $500!
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
i'd go with the Fender Princeton Chorus or Fender Twin Chorus, but i'd try them out first before i'd buy.
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo

LIVETODIE180

Oure fader that art in heuenis halowid be thi name ...

Looking for a singer, bassist, drummer, and rythem guitarist. PM me if your interested.
Vox AD30VT! Dang, I recommend that amp way too much.

Its good for everything but the most insane metal. Give you some good tones for pretty much all the bands you mentioned. Costs around 250 if I remember right (for the 30watt). You could go 50 and still be WELL under your limit. Check out some of the sound bytes on musiciansfriend.com as well as the Vox website.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Isn't the Vox also a little to hard rock?
One Love

Quote by musicmyrock
Isn't the Vox also a little to hard rock?

no.

The Cube is the one thats all metal stuff. The Vox has amp models for 2 Fender classics (Tweed and Blackface), 2 Vox classics (ac15 and ac30TB), a marshal jcm800, some boogie style amps, among other things. Plenty of clean amps, light overdrive amps, and a number of hi gain models. Plus it has all the extra effects like reverb, delay. autowah, phaser, compressor, etc, etc.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Quote by GuitarBoy-IL
or Fender Blues Junior [350 bucks]

thank god he's not in mexico, blues junior in her eis around $700

a vox from the av series would be good
So I'm guessing the Vox AD30VT would be a good choice? Is it good for Sublime?
One Love

Quote by musicmyrock
So I'm guessing the Vox AD30VT would be a good choice? Is it good for Sublime?

I personally haven't tried any Sublime with it. But ya, you should be able to get some good tones out of it.

If you end up buying it keep this site in mind. Its great for finding the sounds you want.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Thanks man
One Love

i played the Vox AD30VT and the Roland Cube 30X fot the first time yesterday, and i wasnt very impressed with the Vox,, the Roland Cube on the other hand blew me away, its so much easier to use and it has better effects.

im not a metalhead.
Keep in mind that just because an amp like the Cube is recommended a lot for metal, that it doesn't follow that metal is all it will do. Had the Vox AD50VT, it was OK but I got rid of it. About the only SS amps I have any interest in owning anymore would be one of the Roland Cubes and I intend to pick one up sometime.
Quote by GuitarBoy-IL
or Fender Blues Junior [350 bucks]

Sexy ass amp.

Hell, I'm even contemplating one to take to uni with me. Really can't be bothered lugging my Orange to uni without having gigs lined up.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay