I have a lite ash tele with seymore duncans alinco pro rythm and lead, i wan t something a clean boost but it will still punch through the drums and bass with affects on it.
I carnt decide between these two, i originally thought the sd pickup boostyer cos i have a pair of seymours. any help will be great!
Quote by yawn
Don't tell anyone, but I like to kill Smurfs.

Gear:
Fender special edition lite ash tele
Sound City 30w tube amp
GCB-95 crybaby MODDED!
TU100
CE3
OD3
EHX Little Big Muff
DS2
Ok for starters if you have SD's go for the SD pickup booster. But stop, i have recently bought the nano muff by EHX and boy it kicks ass. Anyways if you roll down your guitar volume ever so slightly, you can turn this into one of the best boost pedals ever. Clean rich boost that fattens up and broadens your tone and realy gives it some oomph! Great OD/Fuzz tone aswell. This will only set you back about $40 in the US aswell!
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

There's always the Keeley Katana...

I've never played the SD pu booster, but I have played the Micro Amp. It was pretty good, I don't know how it would work on a ss amp though.

Plus: David Gilmour, Eric Clapton, Santana... who doesn't use a micro amp?
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
MXR Micro amp and SD pickup booster are simply "volume boost" pedals. Good thing about these pedals are they can boost as much, or more than an EQ pedal but maintain noise at a minimum. So its ideal if you have a long chain of effects and would want to boost the signal at the end, or in your case, want a transparent volume boost
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
which one would you recomend
Quote by yawn

Gear:
Sound City 30w tube amp
GCB-95 crybaby MODDED!
TU100
CE3
OD3
EHX Little Big Muff
DS2
I haven't used the SD booster much, but from what I have played it seemed ok. I've heard good things too.

The MXR Micro Amp is a good pedal for sure, classic, tested and true. Can't really go wrong IMO.

The Electro Harmonix LPB-1 is also a nice booster. Probably my favorite of the bunch.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
why is it your favourite?
Quote by yawn

Gear:
Sound City 30w tube amp
GCB-95 crybaby MODDED!
TU100
CE3
OD3
EHX Little Big Muff
DS2
Hard to explain...you should go try them yourself. It adds a bit of compression to the top of the waveform which fattens it up a wee bit. It's "warmer" sounding than the Microamp IMO.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
yeah, i've built an LPB-1, and if it was the same as the production one, they're great. and the nano one is only like $40. a bargain.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Cheers for the info, does the linear booster distort much cos i dnt want it to?
Quote by yawn

Gear:
Sound City 30w tube amp
GCB-95 crybaby MODDED!
TU100
CE3
OD3
EHX Little Big Muff
DS2
I thought the Keeley katana boost is the ....... BOUTIQUE micro amp ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!