So i have been looking for a Amp forever, and after messing around with over 50 amps, I know i want to find Slash's tone. I love Aerosmith, Zeppelin and AC/DC, and I've found i can get near that tone pretty easy using a pedal, but i havent been able to get near Slash's tone. I know he uses the Marshall Jubilee 255SL, but i dont see my self finding that kinda cash anytime soon. My price limit is about $1000, maybe a little over. And i dont want to go over 25watts if its a Amp, cause i always practice at home and im not playing a Arena. Anyone know of any pedals, amps or anything that get pretty close to Slash's tone on songs like Don't Cry or Civil War???

Thanks.
btw i have a Epiphone Joe Perry Boneyard. (Gibson Burstbucker 2 and 3)
Marshall JCM800.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Ultimate settings thread will have it all in there. check it out.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
A JCM800 would be the easy fix i know, but arent those only 50w-100w? And i know thats going to be way to much for what i need. Do any JCM800's have a switch that puts the power down to 25w or something like that? And if not does anyone else have any lower wattage suggestions?
^^

I don't know about the powerswitches but you can always use an attenuator for it...
How do you do that with an attenuator, i have heard of people talking about it and i dont know how it works. Is it alotta work or money?
No work for the Weber attenuator

Amp<--speaker cable-->attenuator<--speaker cable-->speaker

EDIT: and for the record the JCM800 I got is one of the later, 2 channel ones and is very similar to the Jubilee but a lot cheaper.
So basically the attenuator works like a wattage cut switch, so i could run a JCM 800 through an attenuator and i could get it to run somewhere around 25w??
No the amp will still put out a full 50W/100W whatver the amp is then the attenuator kind of lowers the volume before it gets to the speakers allowing you dime the amp to get a full tube saturation without the ear bleeds. The lower the volume on the attenuator the more tone you lose but it will still sound better than just turning the amp down.
Ahh i see. So do you think that would be worth it, or should i look for another alternative.
Definately worth it if it means you get the amp you really want. Allows you to use the amp for both bedroom practice and for jamming or gigging later too.
OK, thanks alot for your input. So what JCM800 would you recommend?
^^

hmm...
something along the lines of Treagar's JCM800 would be nice...
OK thanks alot guys. So i just looked on musiciansfriend would hte THD Hot Plate Attenuator work well for this???
an 18 watt plexi like kerry built. it would cost a bit, though (maybe 500 built.)
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Look for a 2 channel JCM800.
Don't be afraid to care"

Does anyone know what the "smallest" or lowest wattage Jubilee series amp available is?
There's a smaller version of the Jubilee, then there's some of them crappy microstack versions.
Don't be afraid to care"

Talking about 800's....

Is there going to be a major tone difference between the dual and single channal jcm 800?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
So...you would rather than get a dual than a single?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^^

yeap...
personnaly I'd get the Dual Channel than the Singles because of the
gain possibilities...
Interesting...

Well, I still have to find out which model of the jcm 800 this dude is trying to sell me.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I'm trying to, but anyway...back to the TS's question.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
Interesting...

Well, I still have to find out which model of the jcm 800 this dude is trying to sell me.

i believe the 2 channel is the 2205
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by SublimeGuitar
i believe the 2 channel is the 2205

Yeah the 2205 is the 2 channel 50W head, the 2210 is the 100W version, 4212 is the 50W 2x12 combo version of the 2205 and the 4211 is the 100W version, there is also the 4210 I think which is the 50W 1x12 version but I'm not sure about that one.
*points to the directin of where my thread is*

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I reckon the 18 watt plexi and a decent overdrive would be amazing for that tone. Also, if it's around $500 as said??.... you can get a modded tubescreamer and upgrade the burstbuckers (if you feel the need to). That is a dream rig. The 18 watter sounds great, and would be usable at home and really hold it's own when jamming. They sound so ****ing great.... pity they aren't nearly a grand over here.

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.