http://cgi.ebay.com/Eric-Johnson-Fender-Twin-Reverb-Prototype-Guitar-Amp_W0QQitemZ120081233052QQihZ002QQcategoryZ38074QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just stumbled accross this today. It seems that at some point Fender was considering a signature EJ amp based on the Twin Reverb.

A totally hand wired EJ signature Fender Twin Reverb...sounds like a stellar (although expensive) idea. The only drawback I can see is the fact that the amp is not grounded. Any thoughts?
Any decent tech can change that back to 3 prong. It's a good idea, you should do it. Any degradation in tone I'm convinced is completely inaudible. You can get shocked lightly now and then at best, and killed at the worst.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Any decent tech can change that back to 3 prong. It's a good idea, you should do it. Any degradation in tone I'm convinced is completely inaudible. You can get shocked lightly now and then at best, and killed at the worst.

death is nothing
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
I'm certain the price will go up, and I'm currently tapped out due to the Mesa. I was just excited at the prospect of an EJ signature amp given his "breathe through your toes to get better tone" ideals. He tends to off like a mix of "A Beautiful Mind" and "Rain Man" when it comes to creating tones.