So I'm thinking about buying a Laney 65R amp. When I tried it at a guitarshop it sounded great and pretty versatile but at the highest gain setting I would still crave a little more. So my question if anyone has a good pedal to recommend that would successfully boost my gain but still wouldn't give a shitload of feedback?
Join my quest for a cheap, quiet, high gain, tube amp!

Or just PM me with suggestions.
Boss MT-2..~
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Fulltone OCD.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
no no no Boss MT-2 is the worst boss pedal imo. I would say metal muff.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Metal Muff wouldn't be good. He's not looking for a crazy distortion pedal, he's looking for an overdrive I think. That's why the Fulltone OCD would be great.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Not for a solid state amp it wouldn't.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Quote by aliwilson27
Not for a solid state amp it wouldn't.

OD is fine with SS. OD pedals emulate overdriven tube amps, not drive them. it's nothing more than a smoother distortion pedal.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Well everytime I've tried an OD pedal with a solid state it's usually sounded pretty poor. Always thought the idea of an overdrive was to drive the valves.
mxr microamp is a volume boost pedal

if you want transparent gain, a zakk wylde overdrive or skreddy screwdriver does the job. If you want a mid hump to your tone, then get get a tubescreamer
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
and if you want a good clean boost, get a BBE boota grande, if you want The best there is, get a SEX drive...

also, the Zakk Wyld drive blows...its more added noise,
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.