Hey guys. I'm back, and I have to say I'm sorry for what I did (swore at people calling me emo, for those who don't know). But please, don't call me something I'm not, and we won't have a problem. Deal?

But to the next topic.

How do I preserve my Strat's EXACT sound, but while getting rid of the buzz? I'd like cheap pickups, like GFS's. Now apart from bucking the hum, I want around 9k of output on the bridge. Yes, I would like all single coils.

I play AC/DC, Hendrix, MCR, Gn'R... stuff like that.

Oh, I should list my mains: AC/DC, Hendrix, The Clash. Thats probably my top 3. Oh sorry, got some Clapton in there too.

Thanks guys!
Last edited by Arlabester at Jan 31, 2007,
What did you do?

And have you looking into shielding? That reduces the hum well, and will obviously keep your tone the same.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
What did you do?

And have you looking into shielding? That reduces the hum well, and will obviously keep your tone the same.

i swore at people for calling me emo. But anyway, its not really huge hum, id just like it gone. I want a hotter bridge PU (single coil) as well. so i'd just like some higher quality pickups (by tone i mean output)
Shield your guitar or just a noisegate pedal? And what did you do, what happened?

EDIT: NVM
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
I would recommend sheilding your guitar, Maybe even putting a dummycoil in under the pickguard.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
argh! people, i know about shielding, i just want higher pickups. cheap ones though. SD's and DM's are too expensive.

I WANT A HOTTER BRIDGE SINGLE COIL! Thats the big thing. Like 9k. Any suggestions? (no, im not open to a humbucker. I want to keep that genuine strat sound)
Hiya Arlabester You should take a look at the Fender Texas Specials. Ive got them,and mine dont hum at all. They work for most styles of music (especially blues!) but there not the greatest for metal.
Zebra! llll llll llll llll llll

Save the Zebra's
Quote by imSpecial2
Hiya Arlabester You should take a look at the Fender Texas Specials. Ive got them,and mine dont hum at all. They work for most styles of music (especially blues!) but there not the greatest for metal.

metal? whered i say metal? oh the metal muff? nah, i use that for a little edgier rock.

the texas specials are on of my choices. any ideas if that could do modern rock like MCR?
Quote by Arlabester
metal? whered i say metal? oh the metal muff? nah, i use that for a little edgier rock.

the texas specials are on of my choices. any ideas if that could do modern rock like MCR?

Yeah,like i said,thay can do most anything except for insane distortion noise-making.
Im sure you could do that MCR stuff....no idea why you would want to,though.....

Save the Zebra's
Quote by imSpecial2
Yeah,like i said,thay can do most anything except for insane distortion noise-making.
Im sure you could do that MCR stuff....no idea why you would want to,though.....

yeah noise making isnt much of anything.

i just like MCR, i dont want to argue. i like them, and im proud. but ty. ill look more into the texas specials.
texas specials are pretty noisey.

look at SD, lace sensor red or hot gold, some others, including dimarzio who make mini buckers that run silent. some of them are from the vintage, high output series.

also, ur already getting upset at nothing. you need to relax or ull end up getting into another fight. the guys telling u to shield the guitar are just trying to help.

dont start every thread or post with... "dont call me blah, and no prob.." no one would have even known there was a problem, if u didnt just bring it up.

good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

look at SD, lace sensor red or hot gold, some others, including dimarzio who make mini buckers that run silent. some of them are from the vintage, high output series.

also, ur already getting upset at nothing. you need to relax or ull end up getting into another fight. the guys telling u to shield the guitar are just trying to help.

dont start every thread or post with... "dont call me blah, and no prob.." no one would have even known there was a problem, if u didnt just bring it up.

good luck

well i had to apologize.

but anyway, i cant spend much. like i said, i just cant do SD or DM. really, i cant. too much. im just a teenager! id take about 5 weeks for one pickup. i want something like GFS pickups.
no problem. let me look around. ive got a cold, a little out of it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
no problem. let me look around. ive got a cold, a little out of it.

ok. thanks jj. im glad to have you back. all the losers at ETSG only cared about SG's, so instead of pickups to recommend:

LOLZERS! YOU DONT HAVE TEH SG! YOU MUST SUCK AT GEETAR! YOU MUST GET TEH SG!
Quote by jj1565

Mine dont buzz one bit,unless i turn the gain up to unusable levels,but thats what you get for single coils.

Save the Zebra's
Quote by imSpecial2
Mine dont buzz one bit,unless i turn the gain up to unusable levels,but thats what you get for single coils.

well thats what ill be doin with mcr. prolly up half way on the metal muff.
well like said up there. u can cover the cavity with foil while u have it open. then they wont buzz as much.

what's ur budget for this pup?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
well like said up there. u can cover the cavity with foil while u have it open. then they wont buzz as much.

what's ur budget for this pup?

you know. i think i might just get one pup. a nice one.

i dunno, now that its just one, $60? (SC, bridge)
You could probly get a Fender Hot Vintage Noiseless.

Those exsist right?

right??

Save the Zebra's
Quote by imSpecial2
You could probly get a Fender Hot Vintage Noiseless.

Those exsist right?

right??

right. but you cant buy a single one :'(
Im pretty sure i saw a single one on Musiciansfriend.

Save the Zebra's
Quote by imSpecial2
Im pretty sure i saw a single one on Musiciansfriend.

your thinking of a vintage noiseless. the older brother of the hot noiseless.
Quote by Arlabester
your thinking of a vintage noiseless. the older brother of the hot noiseless.

I phail...........ill let myslef out of your internets.

Save the Zebra's