Any tips on getting pinch harmonics on E A and D strings? Mostly E and A.

I use mostly Ernie Ball Slinky's.

So should getting a thicker guage string help???
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
pratice, i can do pinches on a .60 B string. its not hard.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Yeah, just practice, it'll come.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
I've got beef slinky's on my BC Rich and get really good PH's on all the strings. It's tuned to drop B (I don't know if that helps with harmonics or not though).
I find that with the lower notes you get more of a chime sound rather than a high pitch squeel.
5th fret A string is a really good one.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
yeah it is just a matter of practice. it took my a while to get pinchin on the lower strings.
^ yeah that chime thing happens with me too, and ideas on how to make this more of a squeal?
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
pratice, i can do ZW pinches on my 7 string all day. just try pinching in different places

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
^ yeah that chime thing happens with me too, and ideas on how to make this more of a squeal?

Some harmonics just have a lower pitched sound. Where you actually pluck the string can vary this.

For real high pitch squeels I use natural harmonics and just go nuts on the wammy bar
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
It all depends on what kind of harmonics you are trying to seek, if you are trying to get a "killswitch engage" or "Zakk Wylde" type of harmonic with heavy "vibrato" sound i would recomend a smaller guage string and also let your thumb touch the node between the inside of your pickups, but for "natural harmonics" i would recomend a slightly heavier guage and pick close to your bridge but it all matters what tuning you are in for drop b try 10-56 guage for standard or drop d tuning use 10-46. The most important thing is to practice as much as you can. For any questions just P.M. me.
i have studied and practiced pinch harmonics for several months and can do one on every string and every fret. it takes alot of time
^i should try that. . .

Quote by steven seagull
i actually find them easier on the thicker strings
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
Quote by tubadude
^i should try that. . .

you will need high output pickups to hear it clearly
i got high output pups.

Quote by steven seagull
I find it much harder to do them on the higher strings, mostly the high E.
try 3rd fret a string, thats an easy one to get
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

try using vibrato on the low E string it helps make it sound better
ibanez rg 270

spider III 210
just practice. A couple months ago I cold barely do them, but now I could do them like 95% of the time.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
you can do it with the joint of your thumb and the tip of your thumb and you can do it with an upstroke with your index finger but that is pretty difficult, zakk wylde used this technique on "stillborn".
Its not you its you equipment/tone.... If u have single coils it will be harder. Crank the gain, or distortion.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
i can honestly say that i havent gotten down this technique, mostly because i've been playing alot of acoustic fingerstyle lately, Click below for details. Anyways once i get get bored enough with my superb fingersyle skills i'll move back to the electirc and finally attempt to defeat jimmy.
Class A Procrastinator and Class A Guitarist..
i have an EMG 81 on the bridge, but a dimebag signature from seymour duncan is way better with harmonics but i would only recommend the dime for metal or really serious blues