Like an Opeth style growl, I can do it but it hurts my throat like crazy. Tips?
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by blynd_snyper
just curious, why the hell would you want to growl?

Because it's COOL!!!111!111!!! LAWLZ

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
You either can or you can't, probably take a long time to practice.
Practice a Cookie Monster impression.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
its something that you have to work at. you have to practice it like you practice guitar. mostly you need to find out the right voice for yourself, dont try to emulate another vocalist just find out what works for you. if it hurts then dont do it. you dont want to end up without a voice later in life.

one thing that i did to find my voice is to growl along with recordings of bands that arent death metal, like Iron Maiden. remember to push with your lungs, dont strain your throat
Try the growling thread in the metal forum you noob.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
yeah, either you can or you cant. most likely, you havent hit puberty or you're voice is just too high pitched. i can do it easily... but i don't practice. its just a matter of how deep of a sound youre voicebox can produce
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
There's a thread about this in the metal forum. You need to use your gut or something along those lines.
lol i thought the title said "How do you grow" (penis wise...)
and i don't know, i can somehow do it, 'cus im special
Quote by walkinbazooka

I've been here longer than you, n00b.

May 2006> August 2006

Quote by basssoldier

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
You can be a Jan 07er and not be a noob.... as you have just shown you can be a may 06er and be one. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!! there is a big advice thread on this in the metal section. You know, out of the pit...?
Quote by blynd_snyper
just curious, why the hell would you want to growl?

Just curious, why the hell would you want to listen to music that plays the same shitty pentatonic solos over and over, while some idiot in the tightest pants you've ever seen screams the word "BABY, BABY, BABY" over and over again? Again, not to come off as an abrasive, sarcastic dick or anything. Just wondering...

And to the threadstarter: There's a thread in the metal forum that addresses the question...
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
odd topic
\
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up
ive heard that you push air from your diaphragm and distort it with your vocal chords. i've also drinking/gargling honey-water helps. i've also heard that hurts, too, though. idk. i want to learn, too. i do know, though, that the way your mouth shapes makes a huge impact on the sound you create.
A relaxed singer is a singer in control.

Quote by whocares09
"HOT DAMN LITTLE JIMMIES TOUCHIN HIS CACK N BALLS!! YEEHAH!"

OMFG!!! HAHAHAHA!

www.myspace.com/johnny_1990
Quote by The Casualty
Pain is kvlt.

Quote by basssoldier

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
Just go grrrrrrrrrrrr and then you have just growled. Well done.
667 The neighbor of the beast

Yamaha APX-8S
Quote by walkinbazooka

+4556321179860.

Seriously folks, the search button is your FRIEND.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
ok now for some reason i can do a cannibal stiled growl a hatebreed stiled scream but cant do any high pitched sreek although have tried a gorgoroth one alright but hurts like my best advice would be just take a deep breath and use ur diaphragm release air through ur vocals slowly dont try to push it all straight out
If it hurts, youre doing it wrong.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
What I do is INHALE when I do it. I emulate the sound of a crow cawing, and make it as low as I can make it. DOesn't hurt the throat, and sounds cool as hell.
Quote by MightyAl
Babies are simply there to remind you that sex isn't always consequence-free fun. The bastards.
screaming is more throat where growlings in the diaphram, neither one should hurt, maybe the first lil while your trying it but not anymore then that