hi. i have thought about buying a fender blues junior, but then i heard about the fender pro junior and now im not sure what amp to choose. i play funk, blues and rock, and play alot of RHCP, Clapton, Hendrix and SRV. any suggestions? thanks in advance.

- Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Play them both and decide.

But I played both head to head when I was buying an amp, I got the Blues Jr.

The Pro Jr sounds nice when cranked, but so does the Blues Jr, which is louder, sounds generally nicer, and can get a big fat tone aswell, and is more tweakable too.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
id go with the blues junior. i got that amp 3 years ago and it still sounds awesome. should fit your style nicely
i think ill go for the blues junior. i cant try them out because the closest guitar shop isnt very close at all, and the local one is closed for business.

- Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Blues Jr.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by rhcp_freak
i think ill go for the blues junior. i cant try them out because the closest guitar shop isnt very close at all, and the local one is closed for business.

- Faisal

For $100 more, you get a master volume, reverb, fat switch, three knob EQ, and a better speaker. Well worth the difference in price, IMHO.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Last edited by slatsmania at Jan 31, 2007,
i suposse that the blues junior has more versatiility just becasue instead of just a tone knob(like the pro junior) it has treb, mid and bass controls
I bought a blond fender blues junior a couple months ago from MF for $400. I am lovin it, especially with an OD pedal. I think the blond one looks better but thats just preference.

Blond BJ
Last edited by Diggs at Jan 31, 2007,
Another vote for the BluesJr. I've had one since 2000, and it's currently my favorite amp (vs a DRRI and Vibro-Champ). I think a problem with the ProJr is lack of clean headroom. The reverb's a little anemic but it's there, and the fat switch and master volume are very useful. And BluesJr can really scream with an overdrive or other pedal driving the inputs.
blues junior.

the pro junior is basically a blues junior with two controls. tone and volume. not kidding. its only 10 watts too.

dont underestimate the blues junior. its a very loud amp.
Both amps are 15W.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.