Short and easy, for the new season.

A limerick is a five-line poem written with one couplet and one triplet. If a couplet is a two-line rhymed poem, then a triplet would be a three-line rhymed poem. The rhyme pattern is a a b b a with lines 1, 2 and 5 containing 3 beats and rhyming, and lines 3 and 4 having two beats and rhyming.

Limericks are meant to be funny. They often contain hyperbole, onomatopoeia, idioms, puns, and other figurative devices. The last line of a good limerick contains the PUNCH LINE or "heart of the joke."

There once was a man dressed in black
His victims he stretched on a rack
With their every breath
Right up 'till their death
They begged him to give them some slack

4 points for the inner, 3 for second, 2 for 3rd+4th.

Deadline- 5th March

A week. You must post in here to let me know you're competing. If you say you are in, but don't send your Limericks by the deadline without any prior explanation, you will lose 2 points.

Limericks must be original. If anyone smells the scent of a stolen Limerick that they've heard before, then BAM you'll lose a ton of points, and piss us all off.

Ger Writing
Last edited by Jammydude44 at Feb 25, 2007,
Last bump for this, really. Unless I see a more positive response to this I'll have to forget about this one.
Uh, Yeah, Corey if you can get me another 5 in for this then this will go ahead. I'm going to make a deadline of 26th Feb, a week

I want at least 6.
alright i realize its kind of a long shot for 4 more people to join but i wouldnt mind submitting one

might as well eh?

i just whipped one up right now...
im not proud of it (as a piece of writing, its terrible but i guess it's still a limerick) but if you still want it id be glad to send it
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Anymore for anymore- like I said, I need 6 to make it a contest. If kyles still up for it I have 4.
I wouldn't midndoing this. it sounds liek it can be quite fun.
Can you see in the dark? Can you see the look on your face?
wellll if i remember correctly the way i had learned it was
8 syllables
8 "
5 "
5 "
8 "
but i would assume this is meant as a more leniant/bendable system so you just classify it as beats rather than syllables like if you tap your foot slowly to...
"there once was a man from nantucket" it should fit with 3 taps and then
"who lived in a rusty old bucket" (3 taps)
"he had no friends" (2 taps)
"he would never cleanse" (2 taps)
"that crazy old man from nantucket" (3 taps)

hopefully that helps clarify it- i don't know how to explain it really but that's basically a limerick (i stole the first line and im not sure if the second line is how it actually goes but i pretty much made that one up (i'm a limerick machine... ))
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Yeah. Basically. Go google for some limericks to get the flow if you're unsure

1st place is gettin 4, 2nd is gettin 3 and 3rd is getting 2.

Depending on how many pieces i get in, I'll work out the sytem for this comp
yeah you got mine right?

im cool with just 3 anyways or maybe some 3 people will come and write limericks real quick (they are a piece of cake to write) coughhintcoughcough
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
I have 5 in at the moment, I'd preferably have 6 so at least there's some competition for points..

I'll give it a few more days, anyone who wants to enter just send me your limerick