So, what would you say it is?....Would it make more sense to get a lower end ibanez (gio) and then maybe a year later when I've improved, get the RG321 or perhaps an even higher model....Or would it be more appropriate to buy the RG321 as a first guitar?

EDIT: btw, i am getting a roland cube 30x amp since i do not want to have to replace my amp for several years. Thats a pretty chunky price in itself ($230)
Last edited by LordBattlecrisp at Jan 31, 2007,
Depends on if you know you will want to play for a long time. Hell if you knew that you wanted to play for the rest of your life, get yourself an expensive one. Just get what you know you will enjoy.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
i wouldnt classify it as a begginer or second year but if you have the money i would reccomend getting it cause its gonna make learning a little bit easier than the gio
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
i have a limited RGR320 and im still using it 4 years on. All i've done over the 4 years is change the pickups, it was my first guitar and its still my favourite. I bought a Scheter c1 fr hellraiser and i prefer the ibanez.

get that guitar if you got the cash
Ibanez RGR320 w/ EMG 81 85 Pickups sprayed black.
Line 6 spider 2 150HD Head Amp.
4 x 12 line 6 cab.
Ax3000g Korg Effects Pedal.
i would suggest get a good guitar first, to keep you interested and confident that you have a quality instrument. Worked for me.
Quote by Buckethead4Prez
Depends on if you know you will want to play for a long time. Hell if you knew that you wanted to play for the rest of your life, get yourself an expensive one. Just get what you know you will enjoy.

Well, I am on a bit of a budget, so I thought it might be wise to get a grx20 (which will eventually be my backup guitar) and an awesome amp (the cube 30, which i won't be replacing anytime in the next few years at least) rather than getting the RG321 and a cheaper amp. I guess I'm just trying to find the most economical solution. I think a grx20 and a cube 30x would give me very satisfying metal tones, especially since I don't have a discerning ear yet. Any thought?
Quote by LordBattlecrisp
Well, I am on a bit of a budget, so I thought it might be wise to get a grx20 (which will eventually be my backup guitar) and an awesome amp (the cube 30, which i won't be replacing anytime in the next few years at least) rather than getting the RG321 and a cheaper amp. I guess I'm just trying to find the most economical solution. I think a grx20 and a cube 30x would give me very satisfying metal tones, especially since I don't have a discerning ear yet. Any thought?

If you have the oppurtunity to get a better guitar then do it!

just get a second hand amp of ebay.
Ibanez RGR320 w/ EMG 81 85 Pickups sprayed black.
Line 6 spider 2 150HD Head Amp.
4 x 12 line 6 cab.
Ax3000g Korg Effects Pedal.
Quote by p3rry_uk
If you have the oppurtunity to get a better guitar then do it!

just get a second hand amp of ebay.

Nooooooooooo. Guitars are shiny and purty, but your tone comes from your amp, or most of it. Get the cube, upgrade the guitar later.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
Nooooooooooo. Guitars are shiny and purty, but your tone comes from your amp, or most of it. Get the cube, upgrade the guitar later.

See, thats what I was thinking...plus I figure when it comes time for my second guitar, I will be well trained with not just playing but maintaining my low end ibanez, and I'll be prepared to handle something in the $300 - $450 range.
You have another option, you'll be happy as hell if you save up another $100 preferably for the RG321MH.

The RG321MH can be ur 1st, intermediate and even your last guitar.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Go for the RG321MH first if you can it rocks and is worth keepin
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join