I own a POD 2.0 and love the sounds i get out of this thing in the recording studio, although when its cranked up through a PA system I think it sounds terrible, very metallic and artificial.

I was considering trying the POD XT pro as it seems to be geared more for live use, although I still have my suspicions.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who uses the POD XT pro in a live situation.

Cheers.
The thing about all modeling products, is that they are meant to make you sound REALLY good by yourself in your bedroom , but as soon as you try playing with a drummer or playing really loud it will sound like shit. DO NOT buy a POD XT for live use.
Actually there are some bands that claim to use them live, but the only way to get use of out of them is with a PROFESSIONAL soundman who tours with you of that level.
Well if its sounds crap through the PA it is because your playing it through the PA...

Check out a tube power amp for it.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Apart from a real tube guitar amp, can anyone recommend anything that comes closest in a live situation, I've heard the SansAmp PSA 1.1 comes close.
I personally think that, as it's name suggests, the PODxtLive is the best POD for live use. Lots of people will tell you that you can't get a good sound in a live, full-band environment using one, but that's just not a true statement. I've had fantastic results using my XTL through an old Ampeg tube amp, it completely de-digitizes the sound and makes it very warm and musical. I'd never use a POD straight through a PA but there are some amazing sounds possible with one if you use it with the right amp and spend the time required to learn to program it properly.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Quote by Tichietech
I own a POD 2.0 and love the sounds i get out of this thing in the recording studio, although when its cranked up through a PA system I think it sounds terrible, very metallic and artificial.

I was considering trying the POD XT pro as it seems to be geared more for live use, although I still have my suspicions.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who uses the POD XT pro in a live situation.

Cheers.

Do you go strait into a PA? I put my XT Live through a tube amp then mic'ed it and sent it through the PA and it sounded awesome. I wish I new how to put recordings up. If somebody can explain I will. Anyway, It seemed to warm it up a little. I mean I played it through a solid state to compare it and the tubes helped the sound a lot and it was just a lil 1x12 1964 Gibson tube amp
The xt pro is for recording, its the rackmount version. The live is what you would want, and no dont get it. Its fine for the room, but save the 400 and put it towards a nice tube amp.