Okay, so im new here and ive been playing guitar for about 5 months, and im really into Rage Against the machine, and one of there solos have something called tremelo picking and i was wondering if anyone could help me out and tell what it is and how to to it? Thanks
It's in theory just really fast picking of notes . Try having only the tip of the plectrum sticking out, anchoring your pinky somwhere (body, strings) and use your arm as a means of movement. It takes a bit of practice to do it cleanly but you'll learn it fast enough
oook, cuz thats what i thought it was so i tried it and didnt sound much like it, but thanks, ill keep tryin it
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
Shouldn't you call it "alternate picking" becausethe word tremolo means a wave in the pitch of sound. Altenate picking makes more sense. To alternate pick just pick a note down, then up and the repeat over and over
oook, cuz thats what i thought it was so i tried it and didnt sound much like it, but thanks, ill keep tryin it

it sounds to me like your trying to play killing in the name of, and that would require a whammy pedal, which is why it doesnt sound like it.
yea i was tryna play killing in the name of, and i have a wah wah pedal, is there a difference between a whammy and wah
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
Yeah. Whammy changes the pitch, wah messes with the treble to make the "wahwah" sound.
Quote by Son of a Brit
Shouldn't you call it "alternate picking" becausethe word tremolo means a wave in the pitch of sound. Altenate picking makes more sense. To alternate pick just pick a note down, then up and the repeat over and over

It's actually a variation in volume, but it also means a regular, rapid repeated note, also known sometimes as a trill.
Ya rage is difficult to play and get all the effects right. Not necessarily difficult it just takes time.
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater park

Quote by Son of a Brit

tremolo is actually a wave in the VOLUME of the sound, not the pitch......nd yeah tremolo picking is just doing it really fast, i dont know why its called tremolo picking when its not tremolo, the same as the whammy is bar is sometimes called the tremolo arm, when technically the whammy bar is vabrato (i dunno if thats spelt right lol ) not tremolo......is this confuses you just listen to boulevard of broken dreams by greenday....that used TREMOLO for the main chords throughout the song
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
tremolo picking is called tremolo picking because if you do it right it sounds like a single tremoloed note
Who cares what it's called?

Tremolo picking is when you alternately pick with up stroke/down stroke back and forth repeatedly, fast. Really fast. LIGHT SPEED.