All right, so I got my EQ pedal recently (Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips), and I can't remember when I noticed this, but here's the deal; when I put the pedal in my FX loop, leave everything flat, and turn it on, it obviously sounds the same; but when I change something, even if it's hardly at all, my amp starts making all sorts of crappy noises; the tone doesn't go bad, but it fizzes and pops and in general sounds like crap.

But the thing is, when I put the pedal in front of my guitar, it works perfectly and doesn't make it sound bad, which makes me think my FX loop has a problem. But then, wouldn't something happen whenever I had the loop hooked up, or when I turned on the pedal without changing anything? Or could it be one of my cables? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Try the EQ after the loop?
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
After the loop?... as in where? Oh, I think I know what you mean; the EQ is the only pedal I have at the moment.
EQ doesn't need to go in the effects loop. Only modulation and time based effects really need to go in the loop. I think I'm right in saying that?
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
^Well, it can go either place, but in front of the guitar it's just altering your guitars sound (which I'm happy with), and in the loop it's altering the sound after the preamp is done with it.
just put it after all your effects in front of the amp.

...new avatar?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Yeah my EQ shapes my tone great and I don't have an effects loop. It's just in between guitar and amp.
Quote by danzig-_-
just put it after all your effects in front of the amp.

...new avatar?
Yep, changed it the other day.

I suppose I can just keep it in front of my amp, but I would prefer it in the loop because you can shape the sound a lot more that way... aren't they intended to work in either spot?