First off sorry if theres already a thread about this.

second off, Today i was in my friends car and i popped in Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia and he immediately took out the cd, threw it out his window, and said, "I ****ing hate that shit. All metal has become is overproduced bullshit!" So i punched him in the head and made him go back so i could get my cd. (note, dont punch a driver in the head on a 2 lane road where a civic has 6 inches on either side of the car. It almost didnt end up well) But then i got to thinking. is he right? i mean, is it getting over produced? I love blast beats that sound like they're ripping your ****ing head off as much as the next person, but, really?

god damn. so am i the only person that has thought this? or is it more just my preference of underproduced metal (Opeth - Orchid, Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, Gorgoroth - Antikrist, etc..)

anyways. wow this ended up about 2 paragraphs more than i wanted. ooh well, enjoi the reading.
I don't think Ive heard many albums that are actually overproduced. I love the clear, pristine sound of Opeth's Deliverance and Dimmu Borgirs latest material. Then again I quite like more authentic sounding productions in alot of Death Metal and Black Metal.

I don't think metal has become overproduced bullshit, but it is possible that alot of Metal bands might have that quality to their albums in the future.
Production doesn't really matter to me.

And Opeth's Orchid wasn't underproduced.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Personally, some of the names of songs (and bands) in that genre of metal are purely weird. I can't stoop to that level and I'd do the same thing as your driver.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is a ripping album and I wouldn't call it overproduced at all

I don't really find production (under or over) to be a large problem, apart from in bedroom black metal and pooey business metal bands respectively
Keep Of Kalessin - Armada

When it comes to blastbeats, that's about as perfect as metal production gets.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
CC's Kill seems incredibly over produced, but I think it makes it sound a lot better. I popped it into my car the other day and my car almost blew up.

I don't really care though. As long as it sounds good.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Production doesn't really matter to me.

And Opeth's Orchid wasn't underproduced.

those were albums that sound grainier and less produced to me, in a good way. i was using Puritanical euphoric Misanthropia as a basis for identifing what i meant.

I mean overproduced in that they dont sound like they were even played by a human but a machine. I know that sometimes it can sound like that. But i.. i dunno. whatever.
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater park

Quote by La Qotsa
Personally, some of the names of songs (and bands) in that genre of metal are purely weird. I can't stoop to that level and I'd do the same thing as your driver.

That's nice, but what does that have to do with production?

*never listened to metal alarm*

LOL
Quote by Nelsean
CC's Kill seems incredibly over produced, but I think it makes it sound a lot better. I popped it into my car the other day and my car almost blew up.

I don't really care though. As long as it sounds good.

i know it wasnt what you meant, but i read that as "i dont really care if my car blows up, as long as it sounds good"
Nelsean, you ever considered getting a job on Brainiac?
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
^ Yes. :p

Quote by Alucard II

i know it wasnt what you meant, but i read that as "i dont really care if my car blows up, as long as it sounds good"

Explosions always sound good lol.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by La Qotsa

What are you doing in the metal forum?
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by unfathomable_bo
But Richard Hammond survived his 300mph jet car crash!!!

Maybe Nelsean could replace John Tickle.

I want to punch him in the face.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by MulticolorMinds
First off sorry if theres already a thread about this.

second off, Today i was in my friends car and i popped in Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia and he immediately took out the cd, threw it out his window, and said, "I ****ing hate that shit. All metal has become is overproduced bullshit!" So i punched him in the head and made him go back so i could get my cd. (note, dont punch a driver in the head on a 2 lane road where a civic has 6 inches on either side of the car. It almost didnt end up well) But then i got to thinking. is he right? i mean, is it getting over produced? I love blast beats that sound like they're ripping your ****ing head off as much as the next person, but, really?

god damn. so am i the only person that has thought this? or is it more just my preference of underproduced metal (Opeth - Orchid, Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, Gorgoroth - Antikrist, etc..)

anyways. wow this ended up about 2 paragraphs more than i wanted. ooh well, enjoi the reading.

I really hope you're not this stupid...
and why am i stupid? please elaborate.

rifk. you dont know me and my friends. were the kind of people that find pain ****ing hilarious. If one of us is asleep.. thumbtacs in the shoes. If one of us is driving on the interstate, hold down the horn and pull on the steering wheel. were just having fun. if you dont like it. well. i dont really care about your opinion.

^ That is why 16 year olds shouldn't be allowed to drive, hahahahahaha

Seriously, why can kids that age drive in the states, they can't drink 'till 21 but some how drive a car takes less responsiblity? How did they work that one out?
dont ask me i just exploit the fact that they trust us. besides. you havent lived until youve gone 120 in a 45 with your feet out the sunroof and your hands on the pedals. i know i know. ****in stupid. but i didnt want to do it. the abuse of substances made me..

Quote by MulticolorMinds
If one of us is driving on the interstate, hold down the horn and pull on the steering wheel.

hahahahahahaha people that stupid shouldnt be allowed to breed, fortunately you'll probably be killed in a horrific car accident before you get the opportunity to breed, lets just hope you hit an inanimate object and not another car/pedestrian.
rifk. well atleast you guys know me right? ooh well. no point in this. it started out as a legitimate thread and then it got into discussion about stupid shit i do.

-lates.

"OMG once I wheelied a motorhome at 100mph while standing on my head and steering with my teeth while my friends mutilated my genitals and baked pasties on my buttocks, which were also operating the pedals, I think its kooooool to endanger other lives!!"

LOL if you're gonna do silly shit like that, at least drive in the desert or something where you're only gonna kill yourselves, you'll just end up hitting a car full of kids, but its ok coz being a gimp is kooool mannn, yeah kill other roads users!!!