Page 1 of 2
Do any bands of today play the psychadelic type rock that was played in the sixties and seventies?
today's psychadelic shit is quite a bit heavier, but over the summer, i was at a music festival (jam on the river in philly) and the secret machines played. never heard of 'em before, but they were friggin' awesome real trippy and shit! but their studio stuff ain't near as good (like most psychadelic stuff) so see if you can find something by them live
Not exactly the same, but I'd highly recommend checking out Black Cab's 'Altamont diary'. Definitely one of the best albums this side of 2000.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
if you're looking for stuff thats similar to the stuff of the 60's and 70's

i saw them kings of leon and they were awsome sort phsychedelicish also maybe you could check out wolfmother

those seem like they would be sort of what you were looking for
The first two Smashing Pumpkins albums are pretty Psychadelic. Also check out any Janes Addiction.
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
Ozric Tentacles are the closest i can think of. They combine rock with electronic music and various other styles, but it's all very psychedelic. Their album Curious Corn even comes with a fake sheet of blotter acid
Quote by LKW
Ozric Tentacles are the closest i can think of. They combine rock with electronic music and various other styles, but it's all very psychedelic. Their album Curious Corn even comes with a fake sheet of blotter acid

x46246742

Ozric Tentacles are awesome.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
yeah ozric tentacles i guess, but they've been around for over 20 years now, and they toured with alot of the old prog bands when they did all there whole re-united, indefinite hiatus, re-unite shizzz.
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
Ozric Tentacles ARE awesome. but why the **** has no-one mentioned Porcupine Tree? amazing band, and their earlier stuff is quite Floyd-esque.
PORCUPINE TREE!!! check them out their early stuff is the most floyd influenced.Ozric tentacles is too trippy for me :S
Porcupine tree is like more relaxed british pysch
tool can be extremely pysch with AEnema and lateralus
smashing pumpkins can be like ava adore live or cherub rock
Radioheads older stuff is defintly pysch like iron lung and just where johnny greeenwood plays the best pyschedialic rock riffs!
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Comets on Fire are pretty trippy, especially Blue Cathedral. Just thinking about it makes me wanna jump out the window and flyyyyyyyyy.....
the Flaming god damn Lips
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
^ahhh they are terrible!!! they are just so bad!! But I can agree that they are pyschadelic
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Are yo joking? The Lips are incredible.

To each his own.

I always thought Tool were pretty psychedelic in their own way as well.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
^ your opinion :P but yeah tool just goes crazy with some of their shit like all of third eye, rosetta stoned especially the solo, aenema,opiate, and the rest. They can make really weird sounds lol. Also the mars volta are very pyschadelic and really in day of the bahomets during the trade off guitar and tuba solo and when that giant WAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH noise comes I feel so stoned lol.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
yeah TMV are one of the better modern psychedelic bands right now.

****ing craaazzyyyyy
^+61323456098 agreed again mate lol!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ahhh they are terrible!!! they are just so bad!! But I can agree that they are pyschadelic

Luke, this is the first time I've ever disagreed with you. I don't know why I love the Lips, especially because I'm such a big fan of Tool, APC, AIC, and TMV, but man, I love me some Lips.
^ ehhh havent really heard them enough you know? Maybe if I get more into them. They seem way to suck upy to all alternative magazines but alright :P You do have probably the most similar musical taste to me then anyone :P
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^ YAH lol i do but i just need to hear some more songs before I can listen to them again because I heard a really shitty song by them. Dunno what it was called though
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
i dunno, i dont like the Flaming Lips at all. i'm listening to OSI at the moment, they're pretty psychadelic. they also rock my balls off. Portnoy + Malone = amazing rhythm section.
^OSI??? who are they because I have never heard of them.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Office of Strategic Influence. they're a progressive metal/rock project which has featured Mike Portnoy on both albums (OSI & Free), Sean Malone on the self-titled, and guest vocals on a track off that S/T by a Mr Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree fame.

the only 2 full-time members of the band are Kevin Moore, you may know from Dream Theater, and Jim Matheos from Fates Warning.

i recommend them to any fans of Pysch/Prog music.
^never heard them will check out because they sound sweet!!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^ Really give opeth a chance? They have some great clean vocal stuff just putting it out.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^ there is grunting but his voice is beautiful and the music is tight like tool. If you dont like one song, chances are you will like another one. They are like RHCP lol because they always change between two stlyes. Start off with the song windowpane beautiful acoustic song.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^ Luke, i like you, but if you compare Opeth to the Chilis again i may be required to end your life

Please do if need be

I definitely plan on checking out some OSI.

WOuld you consider DT trippy? I haven't heard any of them tbh.

Oh and Luke? Have you considred adding myself to the list in your sig?
Secret Machines Secret Machines Secret Machines are similar to some Floyd Wolfmother LOL and The Queens of the Stone Age seem more like Sabbath, Tool and the Racounters are influenced but probably not Psychidelic.
Not that psychadelic, but maybe try Zwan.

Billy and Jimmy from Smashing Pumpkins other band.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ Really give opeth a chance? They have some great clean vocal stuff just putting it out.
Opeth is the band I really, REALLY want to love but I just can't. The heavy vocals completely put me off.
Quote by Patches McGee

Please do if need be

I definitely plan on checking out some OSI.

WOuld you consider DT trippy? I haven't heard any of them tbh.

Oh and Luke? Have you considred adding myself to the list in your sig?

sorry mate I got cha your comments are irristable lol. And sadistic monkey give opeth more chances. Go for completly acoustic stuff like the song windowpane. And lol to alucard, I compare ****ed up things
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman