how would i do these tabs? kinda confused help would be appreciated. thanks

E-10 14 A-8
A -8 12 D-8
G-6

G|-5---5/7---7/9--
D|-5---5/7---7/9---
A|-3-3-3/5-5-5/7--
The slash marks means slide. It just means that you slide your fingers up and down the frets.
No idea about the first one as I can't manage to decode what the hell it's supposed to say.

But as for the 2nd, just slide your fingers up 2 frets each time.
UG's only Manic Street Preachers Fan [So It Seems]
임정현 / FunTwo - Canon Rock
2006 sucked anyways!
Damn stoopid signature
We don't have trekkys here in Portugal... its hard to find a stereotype quite as fun to tease.
We do have pro-CS gammers though, those are fun to toy with.
just put your first finger on the sixth string third fret, and use whichever fingers you want for the fourth and fith strings, fith fret. While staying in the postiion just move your hand up the neck to the next position. Since you haven't lifted your fingers they will be in place.
can someone just tell me how to finger position on these. how is it possible to slide 3/5 and 5/7 at the same time?? as you can see in the tab.

G|-5---5/7---7/9--
D|-5---5/7---7/9---
A|-3-3-3/5-5-5/7--
Last edited by needworkonpinky at Jan 31, 2007,
Quote by needworkonpinky
can someone just tell me how to finger position on these. how is it possible to slide 3/5 and 5/7 at the same time?? as you can see in the tab.

G|-5---5/7---7/9--
D|-5---5/7---7/9---
A|-3-3-3/5-5-5/7--

Can't really say what you should or shouldn't be playing. Simply because if I said "put your index finger on the 3rd fret on the A string, middle finger on the 5th fret" etc. You might not be able to play it because your fingers might not stretch that far.

But may I suggest this fingering position when beginning to play this :

G| -5 (pinky)
D| -5 (ring)
A| -3 (index)

Simply because this'll be easier to play as your fingers are more spaced out. But once you start playing for a while and stretch your fingers more then you might be able to replace your Pinky finger for Ring finger on the G string and your Ring finger for Middle on the D string.

But it's entirely up to you. Play it in the way that you feel the most comfortable.

---

And as for how it's possible... simply slide all your fingers up 2 frets at the same time.
2006 sucked anyways!
Damn stoopid signature
appreciate the help im still confused with this note
G|5/7---7/9--
D|5/7---7/9---
A|3/5-5-5/7--

how can you slide 3/5 and 5/7 and then 5/7 to 7/9 at the same time? unless you have 10 fingers are the notes wrongs? im def a noob and researched how to read tabs like this but no success. can someone explain. thanks
Those are power chords, traditionally played with your index and pinky fingers. Just hold your fingers down over all three of those strings and slide them all.
It's in the fingering.

E:------------
B:------------
G:-5/7---7/9--
D:-5/7---7/9--
A:-3/5-5-5/7--
E:------------

What I would do is put your index finger on the 3A, ring on the 5D, and pinky on the 5G. When you slide the 3 to the 5 and the 5 to 7, keep your fingers in the same formation they were. If you think about it, all three of your fingers are moving up exactly two frets, at the same time, so as long as you just keep your hands in the same shape you won't have to make any awkward movements. Do the same for the 7 to 9 & 5 to 7.
Quote by Thetabifier
Star Wars Ftt! (for the tie ...with Star Trek.)

Fixd.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
dude, like noone even cares about the actual question... shame on you guys! everyone's just picking on each other about scifi stuff. hahaha, you guys are comical.
A relaxed singer is a singer in control.

Quote by whocares09
"HOT DAMN LITTLE JIMMIES TOUCHIN HIS CACK N BALLS!! YEEHAH!"

OMFG!!! HAHAHAHA!

www.myspace.com/johnny_1990
Quote by needworkonpinky
appreciate the help im still confused with this note
G|5/7---7/9--
D|5/7---7/9---
A|3/5-5-5/7--

how can you slide 3/5 and 5/7 and then 5/7 to 7/9 at the same time? unless you have 10 fingers are the notes wrongs? im def a noob and researched how to read tabs like this but no success. can someone explain. thanks

Make sure you see that little 5 in between the slides. It's not continuous slides, but by looking at the tab, you can see that don't have to change the formation your hand has made.
2006 sucked anyways!
Damn stoopid signature