I didn't get much of a reply in my last thread, so I was hoping this forum would give me a better response.

I've read a couple of the threads on daisy chaining and have found out about it.

My question is about my power supply. I've got a regulated power supply that I can change the voltages of. I've set it to 9V and I'm using a daisy chain on 3 behringer pedals. The spec sheet says they consume about 30mA but the recommended power supply was about 300mA.

Basically, I forgot how much ampage my power supply has, but on the back of the plug it has:

Pri (which I assume is primary): 100-240V~50/60Hz 0.4A
Sec: 9V = 1.7A

Judging by the first value, I don't have enough current. But judging by the second, I should do. So I'm a little confused as to why it's not working. If it is the second value that's right, then my daisy chain's screwed right?

Cheers

Ray
I'm pretty sure the first value is how much current your power supply is using, and the second figure is how much current it is capable of supplying.
MG Free At Last
I'm running two Behringer pedals off a 500mA supply and they seem to be working fine. I was under the impression that about 100mA is the maximum those pedals required?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
is the tip of the adaptor negative or positive? are the pedals the same? that makes a difference.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Behringer pedals all take the same power supply, with the tip being positive.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."