Hello, I would like to have a few pointers to playing some good rocksteady Reggae.

Any pointers in the strumming? timing? beat?

Hand positioning?

Any tips you could give me would be great!

Thank you for all your answers,

Harel
It's all about the strumming pattern. If you are in 4, try instead of putting accents on beats 1 and 3 as is common, put accents on beats 2 and 4. This is common in African and African influenced music such as Reggae.
Quote by CowboyUp
It's all about the strumming pattern. If you are in 4, try instead of putting accents on beats 1 and 3 as is common, put accents on beats 2 and 4.

I did notice that Bob Marley does this in "Jammin'", but I have a hard time keeping the time in most songs (rocksteady is played pretty slowly).
keep your strums short and sharp
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
It's about timing man, and yeah use lots of upstrokes. I love reggae so props for making this thread!
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
I love reggae!! Good call man. Make the upstrokes on 2 and 4 and play them. Try strumming on all 4 beats in order to keep a steady beat, but mute 1 and 3 with your barre by lifting up slightly so you create a muted sound.
Fender Strat Roland Ready Edition
Martin D-16GT Acoustic
Fender Cyber Twin Amp
Marshall G50R CD Amp
My Myspace Music
There is nothing that I love more than Reggae, It's absolutely beautiful.

SKA, DUB, Rocksteady, it is all good for me.

Thank you for the tips, I'll try to practice a bit.

Any good beginner Reggae songs?