Poll: How do you feel about V-day?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you feel about V-day?
Love it.
13 4%
Like it.
33 10%
Don't like it much.
56 17%
Hate it.
75 23%
Don't really care either way.
146 45%
Voters: 323.
Page 1 of 3
With Shallow-interpretation-of-love day coming up rather soon, I'm just curious to see what people on UG think of it.

As you might be able to tell, I'm not overly fond of it.

*poll will appear in a moment. Hold your horses, dammit.*
I don't really see much point in it.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

i feel...... bad because i dont know what to buy =P
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
corperate way to make money off of you by making you buy things your loved one doesnt really need, such as chocolates, roses, ect. BULLSHIT!
TransitorySexGod
Dont care.. Its just another day to me.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
doesnt matter to me. if i have a girl its ok but if not i dont care
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
When you have money and a girl, it's a great way to get some brownie points. If you don't have both, then it sucks.

This year, I dread it.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
its not really big here so i dont really care

EDIT: its big in america though isn't it? like halloween?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I have no one to love so it's just another day to me.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
I'm alone. I don't care.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
whether your single or not, I think it sux... last year I had a friend and it sucked...
I just split up with my 'boyfriend' who I thought was going to last until Valentines. He also got a new girl the day after we broke up, so I know there's going to be flaunting of it in my face. So it's the first year I'm not actually looking forward to it, because it's my sixteenth year of watching everyone else be happy and have people to buy gifts for, and now I can afford to buy something for a boyfriend, and I'm at the age to appreciate something special on the day, I can't. It's not so big in England anyway.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I jack it on valentines day But this year I might actually have a girlfriend
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Well, i have a girlfriend this valentine's day...i dont mind it much, but i dont like it all that much either

EDIT: Valentine's day is what i dont mind btw...
i hate it. i live with my parents. (don't worry, i'm still in school. not 30 lol). so I don't hear "it" going on, but I know it is. i'm just lying in my bed at night trying to sleep but i can't. I just know what's going on 20 feet away from me. ahhh.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I just split up with my 'boyfriend' who I thought was going to last until Valentines. He also got a new girl the day after we broke up, so I know there's going to be flaunting of it in my face..

i've been trough that, it suck, especially when your "friends" make fun of you
I'mma hijack this thread now.

Let's talk about how much emotional pain we'll have on the 14th. Me? I'll be a couple of inches from dangerously suicidal, as usual. I usually go into my bedroom and cry my fucking eyes out.
Valentines day isn't even a real holiday, you don't even get off work or school, and if you have a girlfriend you have to buy them something.....it's gay.
What's up?
When is that stupid day anyway?...the 14th?

shit. Its not so bad when youve got someone, but when your single, and you see everyone else with someone...it pretty much makes you want to kill yourself, or everyone else.

i gottta pick up some chicks.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

well since it loks like my girl is gonna leave me i hat valentines day. it's just one more way to say that i suck with girls. however, if things get better i love it and i'm gonna get some ass
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
These kinds of holidays are really crappy because you are expected to spend money on someone and if you dont they are pissed off at you. So my answer, yes I hate it. Last year for valentines my girlfriend bought me a whole bunch of stuff and I didnt get her anything lol. She was so mad she broke up with me, damn materialistic bitches. At least I got to keep the stuff she got me so it wasnt at all a loss.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
When is that stupid day anyway?...the 14th?

shit. Its not so bad when youve got someone, but when your single, and you see everyone else with someone...it pretty much makes you want to kill yourself, or everyone else.

You are correct.
Sweet, i was right about something.

well that leaves me about 15 days to get 5 girls to fall in love with me.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
Sweet, i was right about something.

well that leaves me about 15 days to get 5 girls to fall in love with me.

I'm just giving up, and on the 14th, I'm just going to go home and cry. A lot. Until my face is all red, my throat is too sore to talk, and the blood from my bleeding heart has started to clot. Hell, I'll probably be left in a bout of depression that will probably last a month or two.
Quote by Holy Katana
I'm just giving up, and on the 14th, I'm just going to go home and cry. A lot. Until my face is all red, my throat is too sore to talk, and the blood from my bleeding heart has started to clot. Hell, I'll probably be left in a bout of depression that will probably last a month or two.

Don't take it so seriously, what good will it do you to be miserable for a month just because you were not quite as happy as some others on one day?
Quote by HPLoveCraft
Valentines day isn't even a real holiday, you don't even get off work or school, and if you have a girlfriend you have to buy them something.....it's gay.

The holiday originated as Saint Valentines feast day..

Like most of the christian holidays, its become completely commercialized
Quote by allalong
Don't take it so seriously, what good will it do you to be miserable for a month just because you were not quite as happy as some others on one day?

Well, I have bouts of clinical depression from time to time, and it can be sparked simply by looking at a happy couple. I've self-psychoanalyzed myself by digging deep into my memories, and, from what I gather, it has to do with a girl named Ariel. It was around 6-7 years ago, back when I lived in Alabama. I had a crush on her (this was elementary school, but whatever), but she hated my guts. Anyway, I tried to give her a bundle of lollipops, I don't remember why, and she threw them at me. It was traumatic, and I've been really sensitive about anything to do with romance or relationships ever since. I've been so afraid of rejection that I only tell my closest friends who I'm interested in, and I make them swear not to tell anyone else. There have also been other traumatic experiences with girls. I don't want to go into those.
I'll dig up my feelings on the subject/bump the thread.

This is how I feel about Valentine's Day.

I mean, it's Christmas with exclusivity. What the fuck does a shitfaced big pink construction paper heart and romance have to do with St. fucking Valentine? That's right. Nothing. Look it up. Ward's and Sears just wanted to cash in on another holiday like they did with Rudolph (sounds like "ADOLF!") and Christmas.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
Last edited by grungefan89 at Jan 31, 2007,
Excuse to buy chocolate and chocolate is on sale.
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
Tahts harsh. *e-hug*

well ive got horrible luck with women, if that makes you feel any better. Ive got alllllooooot of work ahead of me if i want a date to the dance thats in 2 weeks. phock.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

This day ticks me off because all me peirs are too shallow. I'm awfully annoyed by not being able to find someone who isn't a *****, only interested in me because the person i am just so happens to be whats trendy at the time. This is becasue of where I live. I can't wait untill rock music becomes less popular again. That is of course aside from one girl... But its too late for things now, i remember last valentines day, she had recently broken up with me.

Actually, valentines day itself is just not relevant. Bad vibes for me though.

I also have clinical anxiety problems, not helping really... Seems to run in the family.
Last edited by darkspider 0 at Jan 31, 2007,
Page 1 of 3