I've been playing for about a year and a half now. I fell out of interest for a few months, and basically stopped practicing (which was a really bad idea). I've recently gotten back into it and i'm having a LOT of trouble with tremolo/alternate picking.

Whenever I try it, it seems like my pick catches on the string every other stroke I've tried all gauges of pick from .50 to 1.20 and held it in all ways recommended. I've tried all different angles of the pick and all different hand placements. It seems like no matter how much I practice it, this ALWAYS happens on every guitar I play.

What can I do?
either punch her out with a brick......

or just talk normally to her....then punch her out with a brick

your call.

lol whoever wore the coat was like 'wtf??? this coat smells like humping!'
have you ever stopped to think its you and not the equipment that isnt up to scratch, you've probs lost strength in your fingers during those months of no practice, so get to practicing, whatever excersise it is it doesnt matter, as long as your alternate picking and you feel your fingers working hard. Pick wise i've found that dunlop stubby jazz picks are great for alt picking.
That's actually what I use, surprisingly. And I never blamed it on anything, i'm just asking for specific exercises.. anything that can be of assistance. I've been practicing for a few hours daily for the past month, and nothing's changed at all. I just feel like i'm missing something.

your call.

Well, first you should just try to start off alternate picking slowly and gradually kick up the speed. You eventually be able to play pretty fast. It's not exactly practical to try and go and hit some 64 notes at 400 BPM when you have trouble alternately picking. So you're not going to be able to tremolo pick until you can alternate pick.
Start slowly and remember to choke up on the pick.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Make that you're using the side of your index finger, not the tip, to hold the pick.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
By side, do you mean the fleshy print side, or the side that isn't the nail?

your call.