so the trem on my strat is down, but i want it back up. can someone show me a guide for doing this? its a MIM, so thats the kind of trem it has.

and i cant take it into the shop, cos the stupid guy had it for 6 weeks, and he didnt do it, even though its a 20 minute thing.

yes i realize i said my mom wont let me mess with the action, but screw it, i want my trem back.
Last edited by Arlabester at Jan 31, 2007,
flip the guitar on it's back take off the plastic cover and loosen the two screws in the trem cavity a few turns.

check the bridge and see if it's is where i want it.

if u want to adjust the action, u turn the pegs on the saddles wt a tiny allen wrench.

phil's pic
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 31, 2007,
Quote by jj1565
flip the guitar on it's back take off the plastic cover and loosen the two screws in the trem cavity a few turns.

check the bridge and see if the bridge is where i want it.

if u want to adjust the action, u turn the pegs on the saddles wt a tiny allen wrench.

wooh. thanks jj!
edited in pics^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by Arlabester
well how do i get it to stay in tune? cos it wont stay in tune... (when i use the trem)

If you have a cheap floyd rose like I do you cant really do anything to get it to stay in tuine. Alll you can do is buy a more expensive tremelo.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

"Arguing online is like racing in the Special Olympics- Even if
you win you're still retarded."

"You cant spell crap without rap"
a level bridge will stay in tune for u better.

if u like it a little raised it's harder to keep it in tune.

you can also look at ur stringing technique, and if uve changed the stock strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
a level bridge will stay in tune for u better.

if u like it a little raised it's harder to keep it in tune.

you can also look at ur stringing technique, and if uve changed the stock strings.

level like bolted?
No, leveled as in its parallel to the body and not lifted up against it
Like number I
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
No, leveled as in its parallel to the body and not lifted up against it
Like number I

oh ty. mines about right now.
Quote by Metal_Militia2
If you have a cheap floyd rose like I do you cant really do anything to get it to stay in tuine. Alll you can do is buy a more expensive tremelo.

His trem on his strat. Rarely, if ever, will you see a strat with a floyd rose...

I'm sorry, I've nothing else to offer to this thread.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by MuffinMan
His trem on his strat. Rarely, if ever, will you see a strat with a floyd rose...

I'm sorry, I've nothing else to offer to this thread.

they used to have a strat floyd rose :P
Quote by Arlabester
they used to have a strat floyd rose :P

As I said: rarely will you see one. If you don't mention what kind of trem your strat has, it's safe to assume it's not a floyd rose. That's the kind of thing you'd expect somebody to mention.

Unless, of course, yours does have a floyd rose. In which case I will go and cry.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by MuffinMan
As I said: rarely will you see one. If you don't mention what kind of trem your strat has, it's safe to assume it's not a floyd rose. That's the kind of thing you'd expect somebody to mention.

Unless, of course, yours does have a floyd rose. In which case I will go and cry.