Page 1 of 2
Every since I was teenager, like 15 years ago, I always wanted to get into a heavy metal band and record an album that sounds like Metallica's Ride the Lighting. Unfortunately that hasn't happened yet.
Gear
BC Rich guitars
Crate amps

Heres my thrash song guitar demos - Thrash demos
Fast, thrashy, and heavy. I'm tired of all the mediocre boring crap nowadays, and would put out something totally 80s thrash.
it would probly sound like the mars volta/incubu/stevie ray vaughn/jimi hendrix all mixed together

its gonna be awsome
Setup
Epi. X-Plorer
Line6 Spider III 120
Boss Phase Shifter
Boss Blues Driver
fbv2 Footswich
It would be really really long... a 3 disc album and it would start out in a bluesy, yardbirds type thing, then go through all the different types of rock theres been chronologically, probably ending with pantera ans system of a down. But I would put more punk and stoner songs on then anything else. Actually a lot of it would sound like this: www.myspace.com/blackchickentheband
But more diverse. I wanna do everything.
it would sound like the mars volta, with some John Frusciante solo work something like that lots of different sounds.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
Quote by Sound_Garden_X
it would sound like the mars volta, with some John Frusciante solo work something like that lots of different sounds.

so basically the whole Amputechture album?
Quote by kryzay311
so basically the whole Amputechture album?

Slightly not as much use of the tritone, and I can finger pick but I can never get that sexy mexican sound that omar gets.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
A mixture of Abbey Road, Yessongs and Layla.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Id put out an 80s thrash album. Master Of Puppets meets Regin in Blood
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
bloc party-silent alarm
sam roberts-chemical city
weezer-blue cd

all mixed together to make the ultimate rock/emo/indie band
Hey guys

go to http://www.rpmchallenge.com

and register - the idea is to write and record an entire album in the month of february to improve your songwriting/recording skills

so as to what an album I write would sound like

you'll find out in a month
Quote by Nick_
Hey guys

go to http://www.rpmchallenge.com

and register - the idea is to write and record an entire album in the month of february to improve your songwriting/recording skills

so as to what an album I write would sound like

you'll find out in a month

That's cool, maybe I'll try it.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Sweet blues and jazz all mixed together to form a super blazz type of music. Thats what the new genre is called. Blazz.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
probably Smooth Jazz/Jazz fusion mixed with Reggae/Dancehall, all seasoned by a touch of blues
Quote by Sound_Garden_X
Slightly not as much use of the tritone, and I can finger pick but I can never get that sexy mexican sound that omar gets.

The Mars Volta do seem to overkill the use of the tritone a bit, but it can be overlooked in the midst of the other awesomeness going on in the rest of the mix.

+that sounds like it would be an interesting album
some awesome children of bodom type solos and just hard rock and kick ass
Quote by Invictious
Wha...? Ask the local guitar shop for servicing?
They are ugly and bastards there though...
£30

That's outrageous.
Their penis is small too, and I am not that desperate
No thanks.
A very progressive sounding, refreshing album. I'd have some reggae-ish stuff, some spanishesque things, and a lot of variance in musical style. That's my goal.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The one I'm working on now is mostly acoustic rhythm, some harmony guitars like Allman Brothers, and some stuff where the rhythm is based on a delay. Neil Young influence is a little big too (at least, it seems that way to me).

There are some prog influences, but it's not really out there in terms of harmonies. I may come up with some overall lyrical themes, but right now I'm just taking it song by song.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Instrumental guitar music. I've written three songs for a demo tape/EP, and I'm working on polishing and getting them recorded.

I'd go for a very clean production, with lots of clarity and punch in the sound. Kind of like Passion and Warfare, really.
no
probably the most influential sounds on what i write are:

bowie
paul simon
beatles
bob dylan

the sound i really aim to achieve is something that's somewhat glam-punk with good lyrics. obviously the biggest goal is to really sound original, so no point going too far into influences.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
It would be a great album fraught with disaster but excellently produced.

With a washed down lyrical content and title.
hmm probably be a very bluesy improv feel, with a bit of metal, reggae and rap thrown in for no apparent reason, probably mostly acoustic too
Main theme would be progressive Rock/metal but with lots of Blues and Jazz influence's...

2 guitars (most of the time electric, accasionally acoustic... depends on the song)
1 bass
1 drum
1 singer
accasionally some violin's or cello's to built up some pressure...

It has to include a great intro song which builts up some pressure and the end of that song must been built toward the second (new) song
The other songs have to tell a certain story about something... maybe the entire story of my life but the songs must also be great to hear individually.

Last but not least is the last ending song a medley that's built out of all of the songs listed on the album. A sort of summary of the entire album and the story that's told by all the songs...

If I can work this out it would be the best day/week/month of my life
My album would be a sort of depressing acoustic indie rock.

However, when I learn to play piano Id make a Sigur Ros+Radiohead type album, with some of The Mars Volta style stuff here and there.

Right now I actually have four songs I would like to use on an EP, but I want a fifth song to finihs it off. THe first two are darker more depressing and the other two are happier, but still kinda sad. I need something to seperate those two parts.
Last edited by Tsunoyukami at Feb 1, 2007,
Probably my favorite styles of metal (power + melodic death + symphonic + gothic + thrash) with a touch of classical, acoustic and jazz in it plus lots of neat piano work. Pretty much progressive metal (and I want the strings part to be played by an orchestra and not the keyboard).

And it has to be an epic concept album
LOL, i have made an album, it was thrash with some goth, some blues, some classical, some industrial some techno/dance type music and some hard rock all mixed together with a slightly alt country tune thrown in for flavor. i'm hoping to push all those forward even more on the next cd i record =)
Quote by z4twenny
LOL, i have made an album, it was thrash with some goth, some blues, some classical, some industrial some techno/dance type music and some hard rock all mixed together with a slightly alt country tune thrown in for flavor. i'm hoping to push all those forward even more on the next cd i record =)

So you managed to mix just about every genre?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
So you managed to mix just about every genre?

yeah, i did my d@mnedest. i like all kinds of music and the country tune was kinda just a joke but it still came out sounding decent so i kept it. all my songs pretty much had a flavor of metal/industrial/thrash but there were parts in each song that sounded goth or classical or blues or what have you. some were more techno or goth sounding or inherently bluesy than others but they all had a wide range of sounds. i want to throw some funk in my next cd on top of everything else.
Pink Floyd mixed with Melodic Death Metal is what I want my band to sound like...

With a little bit of a Flamenco Influence... Definitely with some Solely flamenco songs.
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
A mix of Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Insomnium, Strapping Young Lad, Tool, Dream Theater, Isis, Day for Airstrikes, Agalloch, Daylight Dies, and Porcupine Tree.

Exactly how I'll do that without it sounding like a jumbled mess, I don't know.
Why don't you guys all follow my link and ACTUALLY record this album

huh

c'mon

doodododododoit
If I made an album... I'd write a Primus-like song, record it, listen to it, think it's shit, and start over.... Then in the end I would have the shittest song I've ever heard because it sounds like I tried too hard, and never try again.
That's what I can imagine me doing...

Or I'd write the most awesome riffs and record them, then some asshole would tell me that it sounds like some other bands popular song...
Last edited by loop-de-luke at Feb 1, 2007,
If I were to record an album...

It would kill people.
Because that's how bad it would be.
=(

But other than that, it would be Progressive deathrashbluesjazz. If I could play it, I'd put in flamenco, but I'm definitely not that good.
If I were to ever finish this album, it would be the greatest album none of you have ever heard.

If you heard it, you would probably put it at 11th. You would make a list of top 10 albums, and I wouldn't be on it, and then I would go, "aw c'mon", and you'd make HONORABLE MENTIONS and mention only my band's album.

It's a scientific fact.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Page 1 of 2