i am in a band, and i want to expand our horizons. i can sing alright, though im no Chad Grey (if you don't like mudvayne, then put in some other singer that you like). i am very interested in the whole growling thing. correct me if im wrong, but Dark Tranquility growls. if not, then i want to do whatever it is that they do in their song "Lost to Apathy". holy crap, it just scares the hell out of you to listen to it! anyway, i have no "growling" experience, or screaming, and i am open to try about anything once. if it hurts, i wont do it twice.

any help appreciated... thanks!
A relaxed singer is a singer in control.

Quote by whocares09
"HOT DAMN LITTLE JIMMIES TOUCHIN HIS CACK N BALLS!! YEEHAH!"

OMFG!!! HAHAHAHA!

www.myspace.com/johnny_1990
just get angry and scream the words instead of singing. Listen to some early trivium helps or maybe walls of jericho, they have a lead female singer. Its scary
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
okay, cool. thanks. so, what about the CoF growl? does he do that inward? im not sure exactly whats going on there.

Quote by whocares09

OMFG!!! HAHAHAHA!

Boy if you think DT is scary hahaha - look stuff like cannibal corpse and devourment. Listening to growling more will help you growl better.
i have posted it in the lyrics thread. those guys are talented singers, but don't really respond to my growling question.

and i love CC. never heard of Devourment, though. i'll have to look it up. i like the way you think, Keep It Orc. i also like a band called Ressurection. if you like CC, you'll like them.

Quote by whocares09

OMFG!!! HAHAHAHA!

Last edited by singer_johnny90 at Jan 31, 2007,