I'm an extreme noob who just got his first guitar a month ago... an epiphone les paul to be specific, and no matter what I do I just can't get a good death metally crunchy sound out of it. now I've drop D'ed and drop C'ed it, but I have no distortion. I need to know if this would help my situation at all, and what pedal/s should I buy. If you really wanna help, if you know price that would help too!

thx for the help
Last edited by Bushinarin at Jan 31, 2007,
What kind of amp do you have?
My Gear:

Ibanez Prestige 1570L
LH Fender Standard Stratocaster Arctic White
Ibanez Gax 70L
Roland Cube 30X
Vox V847 Wah
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Pedal

RedSox are better than you.
well if you dont have distortion on then thats why you cant get a good metal sound...for a good metal amp i would suggest a randall amp
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
buy a krank stack or a marshall stack, and put emg's on your guitar that should give you your sound your looking for....
my amp is just a standard epiphone tube amp i think the guy called it...

ty for the help guys ^_^ I'll have to try this stuff out... i hear the sound of my money about to be spent
Quote by Bushinarin
i hear the sound of my money about to be spent

No kidding. There is no cheap way to get a GREAT metal tone. But a passable one doesn't take much.
passable is all i need, at least until I get good and I'm willing to spend some more on a better guitar and equipment
I doubt you'll be able to buy a Krank Stack or even a Marshall Stack you'll probably have to settle for a type of Solid State amp, maye a Roland Cube or something like that...
My Gear:

Ibanez Prestige 1570L
Ibanez Gax 70L
Roland Cube 30X
Vox V847 Wah

I believe it was 230 for the amp...if you want distortion i wouldn't get a blues driver,,, i would lean more towards a metal muff or maybe a Krank Pedal.
My Gear:

Ibanez Prestige 1570L
Ibanez Gax 70L
Roland Cube 30X
Vox V847 Wah

a krank pedal? alright, i'll check it out on guitarcenter.com ty

amp is 230$ and metal muff is 90$... that's kind of ouch, and that's a cheaper sound?
Last edited by Bushinarin at Jan 31, 2007,
Yeah, No body should spend that kind of money if you've only been playnig a month. You should only spend that much if your giong to get serious about it. People are giong to dissagree with me, but I just got a line 6 for my first amp, I still don't think of it as a terrible amp, it has many sounds (not of the greatest quality) but they were useable and I haven't had any problems with it technical wise. Or, you can just spend 50 bucks or so for a distortion pedal.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
i'm thinking of keeping my les paul and current amp and learning my basics and some classic rock before I fork out more cash... I'll definitely stick to it.. i've been playing like 5-6 hours a day

metal muff is 90, so thats not too bad... i might just buy that, and get the amp later on
thats probably your best bet....dont spend a whole lot of money on stuff at first cause you might decide that its not your thing and then you wasted a whole lot of money. Keep practicing and when you get more "guitar matured" start looking at adding more things to your rig and improving your tone. Good Luck.
My Gear:

Ibanez Prestige 1570L
Ibanez Gax 70L
Roland Cube 30X
Vox V847 Wah

Quote by suhhweet
buy a krank stack or a marshall stack, and put emg's on your guitar that should give you your sound your looking for....

krank ftl. Don't let those ads with all of those awesome guitarists playing them fool you. They rarely actually use those things. That amp is NOT worth $2500.

Peavey 5150 if you are going way up in the price range.

Roland cube if you are on a lower budget

EDIT: Oops, i thought this was the guitar forum. Sorry but this doesnt really belong here.

*reported*

EDIT2: v, yeah i bet they will move if you ask
Last edited by garden of grey at Jan 31, 2007,
oh it doesn't belong here? again sry, i've been a registered user here for all of an hour.

if a mod stumbles across this could u move before u lock plz?