Page 1 of 2
What was everyone's first job if they had one?

I'm thinking of applying for a job soon within this month...

any things I should know for interviews?

any funny/odd things that have happened?
I was a first aid merit badge teacher at a Boy Scout camp. I ended up getting drunk with my boss (24 y/o at the time.) and throwing bottles in front of the car at 70 mph. Needless to say, glass ended up in my face, and it was removed with duct tape. We were such badasses at Boy Scout Camp.
I'm still at my first job. I'm a cashier, but recently I got a 25cent raise so yay! for me.

Ah yes for the interview, well for me they asked stupid questions like, "If you were in a situation and didn't know what to do, would you ask a manager for advice?" Stupid questions like that, that have obvious answers.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Last edited by Anything Goes at Jan 31, 2007,
My first job was working in a factory. There were more Portuguese and Poles than there were Brits. It didn't help much that the job was a total shit.
Grocery store. I spent most of the money I made on food there for breaks, and my average dropped over 10%. Not worth it.
I work at a golf course and a movie theatre. They are both easy jobs and easy to get... I'm only 16 and i was hired without even an interview. Except one time at the theatre an old drunk lady pulled down her pants and pissed everywhere. Watch out for that.

www.myspace.com/blackchickentheband
i got fired from being a paper boy..****ing peterborough examiner
hey guy!
Cashier. $7.40 an hour after my 6 month raise. I want to work in a guitar store, though.
Seinfeld
The Gear:
Fender John Mayer Sig. Strat
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Damn right, I've got the blues.
When I was like 13, this old dude hired me to clean his yard, house, car, etc. Got about $80 a day for it, and worked 3 days a week usually. Not really a "real" job, but I got paid.
I worked at a farm for under minimum wage, for shit people, for shit hours, i quit after 8 months of hell.

Now i work at a convenience store being a janitor/butcher/shelf stocker \m/

i work less hours than i did at the farm, and i make a hell of a lot more..
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

i'm working at a local ski resort bussing tables in the cafeteria. 7.15 p/h (min. wage) sucks balls.
Removing weeds, roots and grass and other horrible things from public places... plus side: working with machines!

downside: couldn't go home for lunch wtf?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm 19 and I've never had a proper job. I should be ashamed of myself, right? I used to work shitty part-time jobs like paper rounds and such, but I've never actually worked for a proper company. I'm actually trying to look for a job, but I don't think anyone is going to want me.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
My first job was at a doller store working for minimum wage. I worked there for a year it wasnt that fun. Just remember when you are in an interview to sell yourself (like a w hore ...lol ) but that's pretty much what you gotta do. Show the boss why you should be hired above some other random 16 year old.
use the search button! someone makes this thread every other day.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
use the search button! someone makes this thread every other day.

Dude shut up no one else cares that this might have been done before....EVERYTHING has been done before.
Washing dishes at a restaurant for 8 bucks an hour. I'm still at the sam place, but now I cook for 9.60
my first job was in a small shitty grocery store when i was 16. it was seriously the best job ever, the owners were big fans of cheap shitty labor i guess, all my coworkers were in my class and we did nothing all day except chill in the cooler all day and drink whatever booze was open in the warehouse. i ended up getting fired for taking like a 45 min break and some tard(literally) narced on me, it was fun though.
Rec leader coaching middle school football and basketball, and just hangin out with them, 7.50$ an hour, not bad for just sitting around and talkin to kids
Quote by alien420
my first job was in a small shitty grocery store when i was 16. it was seriously the best job ever, the owners were big fans of cheap shitty labor i guess, all my coworkers were in my class and we did nothing all day except chill in the cooler all day and drink whatever booze was open in the warehouse. i ended up getting fired for taking like a 45 min break and some tard(literally) narced on me, it was fun though.

I dreamed of working at the Sentury downtown that was just like that. It was old and run down and only college kids went there and most people I knew worked there. they closed down sadly truely the shittiest grocery store ever though.
Last edited by FightingIrish57 at Jan 31, 2007,
independent contractor through the summer when i was 15 and 16... ok well i worked for my friends dad doing construction-he called us contractors though haha
I work at taco bell... I remember my interview

"Why do you want to work at Taco Bell?"
Me: Uh... I like Tacos?
Manager: Hey, that's why I started here too!
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by FightingIrish57
I dreamed of working at the Sentury downtown that was just like that. It was old and run down and only college kids went there and most people I knew worked there. I closed down sadly truely the shittiest grocery store ever though.

haha yeah the one i worked at was really disgusting, it was in a small hick town so all the customers were field workers or white trash. they had a huge rat problem, they were living in the ceilings and the wall. it was kinda scary, the insulation was trashed throughout the back from where they all chewed through. i always worried one of the ****ers would drop from the sky and bite my neck or something. oh, when they found them they just put them in the freezer with all the ice cream and shit to die.
bitch you be workin' for me on the corner ho.

where you be at?!

you owe me 200$ you skanky ho. Get back to the corner you can't get a real job!
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I worked at a farm for under minimum wage, for shit people, for shit hours, i quit after 8 months of hell.

Now i work at a convenience store being a janitor/butcher/shelf stocker \m/

i work less hours than i did at the farm, and i make a hell of a lot more..

I used to work at a hay farm for the price of free, son.

I've been a salesman and a janitor. Didn't much like either. Best Buy is a crap company and cleaning hospitals sucks.
Live fast, die young.
working in niagara falls state park in the gift shop. fun stuff actually, they would leave like 4 of us, all under 18, running the store. we played with the glow up swords all night and made fun of foreigners.
Quote by x/taluha
bitch you be workin' for me on the corner ho.

where you be at?!

you owe me 200$ you skanky ho. Get back to the corner you can't get a real job!

I got a job as a "lifeguard" at this kiddy pool. Then I worked at a Pathmark in the Bronx *shudders*. Then I was a stockboy at a bodega in Washington Heights *shudders again*. I don't wanna work anymore
I'm 15, I hope to get a job at a restaurant soon. Just cleaning the kitchen, and washing dishes and crap.

Basically the woman's job.

jk =P

I'd much rather get a job docking boats at marinas or something.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
I started at a Sonic (which was good until we got new management)
Then a grocery store (I fucking hated that place)
Moved up to Domino's (Beer, Drugs, and good pay, what else could you ask for)
Now I work at a plumbing supply house as a truck driver.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
i worked at burger king..quit
then dollarama and they fired me because apparnetly i stole 80's I DIDNT!
and seriously its because i have piercings and imugly but its okay i didnt like it there

this one time somelike 50 year old dude came in and hes like "im high as a kite and i wanna go kick some punk ass kids"

and some other dude was like" whats that in your face"
"a piercing.."
"i have a bullet in my cheast.."
"uh...."
oh the stories

Jordan msg on msn im too lazy to msg you.
Page 1 of 2