I have a friend who Im going to help construct a guitar, and we were beginning to go over what kind of sound he wanted and he said he wanted something hard.

He listed Metallica, Lamb of God, and Megadeth.

So I said EMG 81/85.

Then he said Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and the Who.

I dont know of any pickups that could do all of those listed. Any help?

He wants the set up to be two humbuckers.

Its going to be a maple neck through with mahogany Explorer-like wings, since I know that it will matter.
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
I'd recommend Seymour Duncans. And JB in the bridge and a '59 in the neck. It's what I have in my Goldtop and I can get just about any tone. Get coil taps installed and you can get the single coil sounds as well.
ESP EC-400 AT Goldtop
Fender 62 Jazzmaster
Fender Mexican HSS Strat
Fender 60's Reissue Strat
Peavey JSX Halfstack

**Member #10 of the PEAVEY IS AMAZING club!**
JB/59 is a good combination, or if you dont wanna go with duncans you could go with dimarzios and go Super Distortion in the bridge and Air Norton in the neck.
davey G used EMGs in his strat.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Thanks guys.

I actually recommended him the JB/59 SD combo first, and then took it back. Ill mention the Super Distortion/Air Norton combo as well.

And good suggestion with the coil taps, Izzy
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
DiMarzio Evo 2 in the Bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C