I've been trying to play a b minor for the last week and a half. My fingering is correct but there is steel either buzzing or the strings sound muted. Anyone have any tips for me? thanks!
Um...why does it matter what particular scale you're trying to play?

If you're getting buzzing, make sure the strings are thoroughly pushed down with your finger.
If the strings sound muted your fingering must not be correct, make sure your fingers are coming down from a high arch and use only the finger tip like your fingers were pistons. When strings sound muted it is always your fingering, if you think the placement is accurate try applying a little more pressure, let your elbow fall to the floor bringing your hand with it so that gravity will help you with the pressure not just your forearms and hands that's all I can think of right now boss
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
Quote by yawn
Um...why does it matter what particular scale you're trying to play?

If you're getting buzzing, make sure the strings are thoroughly pushed down with your finger.

he's talking about the chrod not the scale.

anyways. make sure fingers are pressed down, and that your fingers are close to the fret
^ Ohh...

Makes sense.

Threadstarter - just get used to bar chords. It'll take practice.
^ As a beginner, I guess. Don't play if your wrist hurts, though. Pain ain't good.