Page 2 of 81
He seems to use SGs, mainly, but I've seen a vid of him playing Pretty Noose with a Jaguar or Jazmaster. Check Wikipedia, they sometimes have a bit of gear info.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
^ Like suicide acoustic was a little boring but i particuly kike the studio version much better. Fell on black days is just such an ill song. I already learned black hole sun from my teacher the tabs here are totally off because im pretty sure the guitar is tuned half a step down no?
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Soundgarden > Nirvana, Pearl Jam and all the other grunge bands

Chris Cornell is possibly the greatest singer of all time.

Favourite songs are fell on black days, outshined, spoonman, limo wreck
^ great statement. Chris cornells singing kills cobains cracked voice at the last verse in smells like teen spirit or his boringness that makes nirvana un interesting! See cornell can attract you with his voice because it stands out and is very interesting and amazing! You could never get bored of listening to him wail on jesus christ pose!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ great statement. Chris cornells singing kills cobains cracked voice at the last verse in smells like teen spirit or his boringness that makes nirvana un interesting! See cornell can attract you with his voice because it stands out and is very interesting and amazing! You could never get bored of listening to him wail on jesus christ pose!

True, but they both are crap compared tp Layne.
LOL

Seattle produced so many ****ing awesome singers, huh?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Soundgarden are amazing, one of my favourite bands. Actually first got into them while I was playing Road Rash (motorcycle racing game!) which had a few of their songs on it...tis why i love the songs kickstand, outshined and superunknown
because i said so.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Ain't that the truth, man. They all had unique vocal styles too. I think it will take many long nights of math equations or something for me to determine who my favorite grunge singer was, it just depends on my mood.

Although, I do think I've come to conclusion that Cornell was the best singer technically because of his range. Ed comes close though.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

I know, it's crazy, almost all my favourite vocalists came from Seattle; Mark Lanegan, Chris Cornell, Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain, Eddie Vedder... f*cking incredible. Most of 'em have sung with at least one of the others at some point too, so you can get a double dose of pure awesome...

Man I love Grunge.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
I know, it's crazy, almost all my favourite vocalists came from Seattle; Mark Lanegan, Chris Cornell, Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain, Eddie Vedder... f*cking incredible. Most of 'em have sung with at least one of the others at some point too, so you can get a double dose of pure awesome...

Man I love Grunge.

It's such a "unified" style, isn't it?
LOL
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Yup

Chris Cornell and his godly howl at the end of jesus christ pose when his voices goes really high and then sinks down really low

Layne Staley freakest voice and most beautiful Ive ever heard

Eddie Vedder great shreik and VERY LOW VOICE! Very entertaining!

Mark Lanegan Screaming trees are the most underrated band in history!!!!!!! Such an amazing voice!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Strat_Monkey

Man I love Grunge.

Technically, Eddie wasn't from Seattle

But seriously, no grunge, none of the following:

Kurt Cobain
Layne Staley
Chris Cornell
Mark Lanegan
Eddie Vedder
Mark Arm
Scott Weiland
Dave Grohl
Billy Corgan
Andrew Wood
Lou Barlow

I struggle to imagine my life without one of them, let alone all.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Pedant! OK, from the Seattle scene then. Happy?

personally my fav singers (what a suprise) come from my 2 fav. grunge bands, Eddie and Layne (in that order).

Chris is an amazing singer though, absolutly amazing.
Cream fan club member #11.
Soundgarden are my fave grunge band along with Pearl Jam.(Which makes me love Temple of the Dog btw) Anway I have Superunknown and Down on the Upside. They are amazing albums and I am probably going to buy Badmotofinger soon. My favorite songs are Fell on Black days, Spoonman, Mailman, Limo Wreck, Burden in my Hand, Blow up the outside world, and Outshined.
As you can see, I am a HUGE Soundgarden fan. Personal favourite songs are Big Dumb Sex, Jesus Christ Pose, Outshined, Spoonman, Black Hole Sun, BUTOW, and Burden in my Hand.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

But seriously, no grunge, none of the following:

Kurt Cobain
Layne Staley
Chris Cornell
Mark Lanegan
Eddie Vedder
Mark Arm
Scott Weiland
Dave Grohl
Billy Corgan
Andrew Wood
Lou Barlow

I struggle to imagine my life without one of them, let alone all.

Its about damn time Mark Lanegan and Andrew Wood get some credit around here. I always thought Andrew Wood sounded like the symbiosis of Robert Plant and Axl Rose.
Discolored skin gives me away.
Best Song List!
From BMF-Jesus Christ Pose, Searching With My Good Eye Closed, and Rusty Cage
From SU- Mailman, Superunknown, and FOBD!
From the other one *dont feel like typing it*- Burden in my hand, pretty noose, and BUOW
sorry if im missing old shit but anyone agree?
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Last edited by Lukeisonfire at Mar 22, 2007,
Soundgarden has scraped its way into position as my favorite grunge band, on the same level as but not surpassing Nirvana (in my own personal opinion)

But Chris has a fantastic voice, and writes some really relatable lyrics. My favorite would be The Day I Tried To Live, followed by Jesus Christ Pose and Pretty Noose

Seriously, what would you guys say are the chances of a Soundgarden reunion? I think they're sadly slim, but what a possibility!!
I believe at this point Chris has said there is next to no chance of a Soundgarden reunion. Sorry guys

Many researchers of grunge actually say that Soundgarden should probably be considered an early founder of grunge then Nirvana, and that Nirvana just blew the genre up for the world to see. Mind you, Mudhoney, Green River, Mother Love Bone, and all those other fun bands would also be in there too.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
^its also IMPOSSIBLE! How the hell can chris hit the notes on jesus christ pose or loud love?? And plus chris is a scumbag looking for dollars insted of making music, thats why he has his crappy solo career ahead of him.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
If Chris Cornell was looking to just make money, why would he just do a solo career as opposed to trying to get a Soundgarden reunion back together?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If Chris Cornell was looking to just make money, why would he just do a solo career as opposed to trying to get a Soundgarden reunion back together?

I hate to be the negative nancy here, but Soundgarden will never be back together. It will not happen. Mark my words.
LOL
Quote by Jack Off Jill

How do you know he hasn't tried?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
How do you know he hasn't tried?

Very good point. Didn't think about that.

I stole your avatar.LAWL
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
I hate to be the negative nancy here, but Soundgarden will never be back together. It will not happen. Mark my words.

Completely agree, I doubt we'll ever hear of Kim, Hiro or Ben again, and Matt and Chris both have their own things now.

YAY for avatar thieves!
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Completely agree, I doubt we'll ever hear of Kim, Hiro or Ben again, and Matt and Chris both have their own things now.

YAY for avatar thieves!

Yay! I'm cool now.

Frenchy-5
cagnius-1
LOL
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Must have been all of the moisture in the air
Quote by Jack Off Jill

What Frenchy and DownInAHole. said plus the fact that his solo stuff is more mainstream than Soundgarden (especially now with the James Bond thing), so it would naturally sell better.
Quote by rockon1824
What Frenchy and DownInAHole. said plus the fact that his solo stuff is more mainstream than Soundgarden (especially now with the James Bond thing), so it would naturally sell better.

Even if they did get back together, they wouldn't be as popular than the once were. They best thing Cornell had going in terms of making money was Audioslave, but that ship sailed.
LOL
I never said I thought there would be a Soundgarden reunion. I simply said if the man was after money, he'd push one. True, his music is more mainstream when he plays solo, but look at his record sales from when he was in Soundgarden, and the record sales from when he was playing solo. There is no way he's not aware of the fact that he sold me records in Soundgarden. I'd also like to point out, that Rage Against the Machine will most likely rake in a lot of money from the shows they are playing, so why wouldn't Soundgarden? I think there's plenty of people who would go see Soundgarden, and buy any new material simply because it's NOT Audioslave. He also has to be aware of the trend with solo careers, since most of them don't do anywhere near as well as the band they were famous for, hence Slash's Snakepit, 12 Bar Blues by Weiland, or Jerry Cantrell's solo outtings. And it seems to me, Audioslave was pretty damn commercialized and THEY stopped doing well in the charts. Also, when he's playing these solo shows he will be playing several Soundgarden songs... But whatever.
If Chris Cornell was all about the money we would see him on Dancing With the Stars, not releasing a solo album every 8 years. Nevertheless, Audioslave put out maybe half of an album that was worth a damn (and only the first one) and the rest was radio-friendly crap-rock. I blame Tom Morello, hack that he is.
Discolored skin gives me away.
I wouldn't call this solo album a money grab. Solo albums, even the ones that do rather well, are rarely huge money makers. If you look at his first solo album (which was a very good, mature album, really) it completely undersold, despite it's quality.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Soundgarden >> Chris Solo Career
Soundgarden > Audioslave

damn,Soundgarden should really come back..but Chris doesn't have the vocals anymore..but it sure would be cool if they went back to their roots...

and its true that it was actually Soundgarden who started the grunge scene..Nirvana just catapulted it into the mainstream..great bands!
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I never said I thought there would be a Soundgarden reunion. I simply said if the man was after money, he'd push one. True, his music is more mainstream when he plays solo, but look at his record sales from when he was in Soundgarden, and the record sales from when he was playing solo. There is no way he's not aware of the fact that he sold me records in Soundgarden. I'd also like to point out, that Rage Against the Machine will most likely rake in a lot of money from the shows they are playing, so why wouldn't Soundgarden? I think there's plenty of people who would go see Soundgarden, and buy any new material simply because it's NOT Audioslave. He also has to be aware of the trend with solo careers, since most of them don't do anywhere near as well as the band they were famous for, hence Slash's Snakepit, 12 Bar Blues by Weiland, or Jerry Cantrell's solo outtings. And it seems to me, Audioslave was pretty damn commercialized and THEY stopped doing well in the charts. Also, when he's playing these solo shows he will be playing several Soundgarden songs... But whatever.

What you're saying is true, but for some reason I don't think Soundgarden would be nearly as popular in today's world as the whole grunge sound is nothing like what is mainstream today. Sure, you'll get the old grunge fans and maybe a couple new converts, but overall they wouldn't sell nearly as good. So, it's likely that a solo album and a Soundgarden album would sell about the same.