Page 3 of 81
Quote by DownInAHole.
N00b!

Chris Cornell is teh pwn....

coming from a huge ass fan of his, I think he is a scumbag and a sell out! NOT TEH POON. Great amazing voice coming out of the worlds biggest dick!
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Soundgarden never had that cornier "grunge" sound of bands like Pearl Jam or Bush. Listening to some of their songs now, it just sounds like hard rock, not too different from Audioslave. They'd make tons of money for reuniting, way more than any solo effort.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
coming from a huge ass fan of his, I think he is a scumbag and a sell out! NOT TEH POON. Great amazing voice coming out of the worlds biggest dick!

Who cares is he's a dick?

Jesus Christ Pose=teh pwn.

Period.
LOL
^ I do if he is being a total sellout from audioslave! Anyways, I think Ive stated that jesus christ pose pwning atleast 100 times
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ I do if he is being a total sellout from audioslave! Anyways, I think Ive stated that jesus christ pose pwning atleast 100 times

Why? Audioslave sucked balls, I'm glad he got out of there.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Last edited by pumpkins_rule at Mar 26, 2007,
Audioslave sucks ass save for a few songs, glad Cornell got out of that also. He is in no way a sellout, just wait until his solo CD comes out

And for those of you who think Soundgarden don't sound grunge, you should REALLY listen to some of their stuff from '87 to Badmotorfinger.

(JCP is teh poon)
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Why? Audioslave sucked balls, I'm glad he got out of there.

I know but he is still a sell out. And audioslaves self titled ruled so shut up!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire

If I recall, you used to live up his ass.
Discolored skin gives me away.
Quote by jcthomasva
If I recall, you used to live up his ass.

It is getting warm outside. That might be the reason for all of the flip-flops lately...
Quote by Blackholesun00
Audioslave sucks ass save for a few songs, glad Cornell got out of that also. He is in no way a sellout, just wait until his solo CD comes out

Thats exactly the way I feel about it. Cornell wrote some tolerably good songs and Morello inserted his cheesey three-note solos into them and wrecked them. The solos were so bad Zach de la Rocha would have pulled down his pants and crapped on them.

And there was no excuse for "Be Yourself" and "Doesn't Remind Me." Shame on you Chris Cornell.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
I know but he is still a sell out. And audioslaves self titled ruled so shut up!

If i recall a sellout is when one leaves all their old fans behind for new ones.

Has Cornell did this..no he hasnt.

You are all saying that he is because he recorded the 007 theme song. So what?

EDIT: self title was mediorce: it had cochise, gasoline, what you are, set it off (or whatever is called), like a stone and show me how to live. The rest sucked.

And for the out of exile, doesn't remind me is all thats good.

I dont even wanna hear the third.
Last edited by str84ever at Mar 27, 2007,
He's not a sellout..but pulling out of Audioslave is bad enough..that bad was decent for me..I mean,they don't suck terribly..its just a different breed of music from their old bands..and thats the problem that they face..they are different from the old bands...so the people who have listened to their older stuff..hates Audioslave for not going in the same vein as the older bands..

as for Soundgarden..I want Kim Thayil...he's the pwnzorx...you can't deny it..Soundgarden > Audioslave definitely..but a reunion for Soundgarden is very unlikely..it just couldn't happen..
Quote by Blackholesun00

And for those of you who think Soundgarden don't sound grunge, you should REALLY listen to some of their stuff from '87 to Badmotorfinger.

(JCP is teh poon)

I really liked "Like A Stone", but yeah, Audioslave sucked majorly.
LOL
I thought Audioslave was really great, especially the self-titled, but the second album too. Doesn't Remind Me has a great solo, it even has some great lyrics from Cornell. I haven't got Revelations, the whole soul music influence kind of throws me off...overall a little corny but undeserving of this bashing
^ I wholeheartedly agree! ****ing Guitar world calling doesnt remind me the sloppiest solo or something like that! I love that solo!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
I think the sloppiest solo should be Show Me How To Live, no offense Audioslave fans That song's awesome but the solo almost ruins everything.
^its not sloppy its just two ****ing notes and for str84ever, Chris Cornell left audioslave because of MONEY disagreements with him. He wanted to be more important then the rest of the band. That to me is a sign of a real sellout
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by catchtherainbow
Soundgarden >> Chris Solo Career
Soundgarden > Audioslave

damn,Soundgarden should really come back..but Chris doesn't have the vocals anymore..but it sure would be cool if they went back to their roots...

and its true that it was actually Soundgarden who started the grunge scene..Nirvana just catapulted it into the mainstream..great bands!

Soundgarden did NOT start the grunge scene, bands like the Melvins and Green River were doing it before SG was together. They were just one of the bands that helped build up it's popularity, along with AIC, before Nirvana and Pearl Jam really blew it up.
Quote by rockon1824
What you're saying is true, but for some reason I don't think Soundgarden would be nearly as popular in today's world as the whole grunge sound is nothing like what is mainstream today. Sure, you'll get the old grunge fans and maybe a couple new converts, but overall they wouldn't sell nearly as good. So, it's likely that a solo album and a Soundgarden album would sell about the same.

I dunno, Van Halen seems like they'll sell out their shows, like Kiss and Black Sabbath do. Why wouldn't Soundgarden? If Layne was still alive, I'm sure Alice would still do really well. By the way, Alice sells out a lot of shows, even though the new singer is a tool. Wrap your mind around that, brother.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I dunno, Van Halen seems like they'll sell out their shows, like Kiss and Black Sabbath do. Why wouldn't Soundgarden? If Layne was still alive, I'm sure Alice would still do really well. By the way, Alice sells out a lot of shows, even though the new singer is a tool. Wrap your mind around that, brother.

Because Van Halen, Kiss, and Sabbath have been around a helluva lot longer, and had a longer prime than SG did, allowing them to gather a fan base that is about 100x larger than Soundgarden's. I meant album sales, not concerts though.
In terms of album sales, they wouldn't do well at all.. People would just download it. But also keep in mind, the artists usually make more money off live performances than they do with album sales.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Soundgarden did NOT start the grunge scene, bands like the Melvins and Green River were doing it before SG was together. They were just one of the bands that helped build up it's popularity, along with AIC, before Nirvana and Pearl Jam really blew it up.

OH YEAH! haha! MY BAD! How can I forget about The Melvins! Yeah they started it...never heard anything from Green River though
Quote by catchtherainbow
OH YEAH! haha! MY BAD! How can I forget about The Melvins! Yeah they started it...never heard anything from Green River though

Check them out.

It's pretty much half of Pearl Jam and half of Mudhoney.

Good stuff.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I recently bought a Mudhoney album at a used CD store! I never thought I'd actually find one!
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Yeah, and they broke up because Mark Arm is a purist tool who wants to make absolutely no money.. He wasn't happy with the guys who were in Pearl Jam later on, because they wanted to make more arena friendly rock, like Jane's Addiction. Mark hated JA. Luckily for us, it led to Temple of the Dog and Pearl Jam.
Quote by Revalk
I recently bought a Mudhoney album at a used CD store! I never thought I'd actually find one!

Seriously?

I've been able to find just about every Mudhoney album in a shop =/

At least SFBM, March To Fuzz and Under a Billion Suns should all be easy to buy.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Pft. Jerks and more jerks

Well, of course I have the albums... I just wanted to physically own them. And yes, you can buy them on the internet, but my parents aren't cool with using credit cards on the internet, and I'm actually just getting my own credit card tonight, haha.

But anyways, here in the "the frozen north" (although its' pretty much just like the states in a lot of ways), Mudhoney is barely even heard of. Everyone knows grunge here, and the bigger bands from that era, but Mudhoney? Hell naw. The album I found was... Five Dollar Bob's Mock Cooter Stew, which is actually a little rare (I think). It's got 4 tracks that are only on this EP, as well as a couple other singles and a remix. Kinda cool.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Quote by Revalk
Pft. Jerks and more jerks

Well, of course I have the albums... I just wanted to physically own them. And yes, you can buy them on the internet, but my parents aren't cool with using credit cards on the internet, and I'm actually just getting my own credit card tonight, haha.

But anyways, here in the "the frozen north" (although its' pretty much just like the states in a lot of ways), Mudhoney is barely even heard of. Everyone knows grunge here, and the bigger bands from that era, but Mudhoney? Hell naw. The album I found was... Five Dollar Bob's Mock Cooter Stew, which is actually a little rare (I think). It's got 4 tracks that are only on this EP, as well as a couple other singles and a remix. Kinda cool.

Mudhoney albums are abundant enough in used record bins to go for a couple bucks a pop in the States. They're not Spin Doctors albums by any means (I sold one for a US penny + shipping once), but they're still pretty cheap when you find them. I'd imagine they're a little costlier in Canada, not just due to the exchange, but due to some higher scarcity.

Amazon is pretty secure. I've been buying shit I don't need off amazon for seven years now, and never had a problem with my credit card information getting leaked, just don't go to the public library and use the internet to buy stuff.
Yeah, personally, I'm not worried about using my credit card number online as long as you use some common sense, but my parents aren't nuts about the idea. I'll be going nuts with it soon enough, as I'm hopefully getting mine tonight actually (I was going to anyways, as I'm a bit of a web programmer, and want to buy some hosting space).
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

Maybe people cant get mudhoney cd's because they suck.... kidding but are they good?
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
Maybe people cant get mudhoney cd's because they suck.... kidding but are they good?

It is an acquired taste. Liking AIC, Soundgarden or Nirvana doesn't necessarily mean you'll like Mudhoney. Mudhoney is very raw sounding, lots of distortion, lots of power chords, very coarse vocals.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Thats not true. Soundgarden were very much a part of the original 'early grunge scene'. SG formed the same year as Green River, 1984 a month before them. Plus the earlier form of SG was 'The Shemps' which was 1982.
Theres no 'One' band who started grunge. The very first "grunge" album was a compilation called 'Deep Six', featuring SG, Green River, Melvins, Skin Yard, Malfunkshun and The U-Men. All had their first ever real recordings for this album, excluding the U-Men.
So SG were absolutely apart of starting the grunge scene.
Last edited by jslaved at Mar 29, 2007,
Shit, Soundgarden started in 1882....I like Mudhoney, better than Pearl Jam or those arena rock bands. Theyre edgier and more abrasive, the punkier side of grunge. Like Green River, some of the Melvins, some of Nirvana, etc

punk-based grunge =
Yes, 1882. Soundgarden was a major influence on both Scott Joplin and George Gershwin.
I love that song 'Black Hole Sun'. I heard a little of 'Superunkown', but is that thier best or is there another I have yet to hear?