Page 4 of 81
^+1. Badmotorfinger and backwards is when Soundgarden get awsome. I love Louder Than Love, it's got some great songs: Uncovered, Full On Kevin's Mom, Get On The Snake, and Loud Love.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
^ Loud love has some pretty sick vocals and riffs! I hate the solo though! its so damn sloppy and usually kim thayil is a little sloppy but I mean his solos sound beastly like in black hole sun and especially superunknown!
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Well, it's kinda like Dimebag said, they were allowed to play sloppy because it was grunge music, therefore it still kicks ass. I get really sick and tired when I read something or hear something when people go on about how grunge is to be blamed for getting the solos out of contemporary music. Is it just me, or does anyone else have a major problem with this theory seeing as how every one of the grunge band did solo? Mike McCready, Jerry Cantrell, and Kim Thayil did some of the most badass solos I've ever heard, so I don't know where this garbage is coming from. I also don't understand why people bitch about it, when they used to be praised for getting rid of the wankiness of eighties guitar soloing. God damn I hate a lot of people..
^ Agree except mccreedys solos can SUCK. I think you all know which solo really sucks.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
No, I really don't know which solo you're talking about in particular. If you're talking about Alive, I'll curb stomp you like Marcus Fenix. But, yeah not all his solos are that great. But he's really very good a lot of the time, one of my favorite songs he plays on is Leaving Here, I think it's called. It's got the old fashioned Chuck Berry sound to it about men mistreating women.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ Agree except mccreedys solos can SUCK. I think you all know which solo really sucks.

Nooo, you're definately wrong.

If you're talking about ALIVE, then I'm just gonna kick your ass.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
It's got the old fashioned Chuck Berry sound to it about men mistreating women.

Men beating women was a major component of Chuck Berry's sound.

What are we talking about?
Discolored skin gives me away.
Quote by Blackholesun00
Nooo, you're definately wrong.

If you're talking about ALIVE, then I'm just gonna kick your ass.

im joshin. He is amazing but I hate the go solo. So damn sloppy... or is animal? Hmmm... its like a terrible kirk solo
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
im joshin. He is amazing but I hate the go solo. So damn sloppy... or is animal? Hmmm... its like a terrible kirk solo

LOL ok sorry
I managed to get a hold on some soundgarden rarities.

All Bsides. Live Slaves and Bulldozers. Quite a few covers - Black sabbath, Beatles etc.

Like suicide acoustic - its awesome.

If anyone wants me to send them or anything add me on msn and ill happily send you them.

str84ever@Hotmail.com
Quote by jcthomasva
Men beating women was a major component of Chuck Berry's sound.

What are we talking about?

Sorry, forgot to add proper punctuation. I meant the guitar playing had an old fifties guitar style, the song was about mistreating women.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Sorry, forgot to add proper punctuation. I meant the guitar playing had an old fifties guitar style, the song was about mistreating women.

I know, I'm just ribbing you. I thought it was an unintentionally funny sentence.
Discolored skin gives me away.
Hahah, I live in a town near St. Louis called Lake St. Louis, which is right next to Wentzville. Which is where Chuck Berry is from, I dunno if he stills lives there, but his sister does. I used to work at a grocery store called Dierbergs, and she's come in there time to time, and she'd also frequent the Wal-Mart where my brother works a lot. And my brother had met her a few times, and told me she's a crazy old hag, which I didn't believe. But one day she came into Dierbergs, and she 'lost' her keys to her car, and she was freaking out about it, she sat down at this bench for an hour, complaining to my manager, with a water melon right next to her. And my manager was busy, and made a few of us help her look for her keys. Then it turned out it they were in her pocket the whole time. And I'm not joking when I say this: The woman is crazy senile, I've seen her a few times around town and she's always wearing a sombraro. And she brings up that she's Chuck's sister every chance she gets, I didn't believe her at first, until my manager Kathy told me it was true. Then when we had to take her watermelon out to her car, which she made three of us go for, because she was nervous about how heavy it was. Because she didn't give us a tip, we got her to do the duck walk. She only kinda did it, though. I felt bad about it afterwards, cause I didn't know she was senile. But seriously.. She needs to have her keys taken away from her, because she drives like a crazy person. I never got to meet Chuck, though, which is a shame because I'd love to. Anyone who would urinate on a girl, then lean into give her a kiss and change his mind at the last minute saying, "Naw baby, I can't kiss you, you smell like piss." Would have to be a trip to talk to. I did see him at the Duck Lounge, though, which is a club he owns in St. Louis. I had to get a fake ID to get in, though.
Fewh!
I got here just in time, this thread has almost drowned in the back
of the forum!

Well anyway, just so it wouldn't be spam:
Their cover of "Come Together" was the 1st grunge song I've heard,
which made me curious and I was like "Hmmm...if this soung sounds like that,
than what do their other songs like?"
You know this feeling, don't you? well the band's tunes eventually inspired me
to rock (or should I say, "to grunge"?).

By the way, Chris Cornell was on his best before he left Soundgarden behind. *Sniff*.
For those who are interested in making a guitar out of cigar boxes:
Cigar Box Guitars (aka CBG)
they also show you how to make pickups, bottleneck slides and cigar box AMPs

-----------AAAA!!!---------
^ that cover beats the beatles version by a mile!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^ like suicide acoustic is way too ****ing boring.... ahh I cant stand it!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
I LOVE Soundgarden, easily one of my favorite bands. I have Superunknown and Down on the Upside, and I plan to get all the rest of the albums too. Badmotorfinger is next on my list, Mind Riot is amazing.
^****ing get it! Its amazing and pretty ****ing hard for soundgarden. If you like that, then get their older shit which is even harder and rawer. When soundgarden gets metalish, they own every thing
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^****ing get it! Its amazing and pretty ****ing hard for soundgarden. If you like that, then get their older shit which is even harder and rawer. When soundgarden gets metalish, they own every thing

This is very true.

Badmotorfinger is my fav. Soundgarden album, it's insanely good.
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
^yeah right next to superunknown and down on the upside is acutally extrememly underrated and an amazing album too. Too bad some of the badmoto songs have been overplayed too much like rusty cage or outshined. Kindof ruins it after a while
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Thats my next CD purchase then, Ill probably pick it up this week and Ill see if I cant find the other ones and the Temple of the Dog CD too.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^yeah right next to superunknown and down on the upside is acutally extrememly underrated and an amazing album too. Too bad some of the badmoto songs have been overplayed too much like rusty cage or outshined. Kindof ruins it after a while

Amen to that! I think Zero Chance is my favorite Soundgarden song. It's got some extremely weird time signitures and stuff in it, some is hard to get into, but I love the album. Can't stand Burdon In My Hand though. It's bleeds with poppiness.
Yeah Down on the Upside is awesome. I love Ty Cobb and Dusty.
Quote by Kartman

Amen to that! I think Zero Chance is my favorite Soundgarden song. It's got some extremely weird time signitures and stuff in it, some is hard to get into, but I love the album. Can't stand Burdon In My Hand though. It's bleeds with poppiness.

That song is amazing. Omg, just a perfect up beat song for me.Anyways, yeah it seems soundgarden has a lot of odd time signatures like outshined and pretty much all of superunknown!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
That song is amazing. Omg, just a perfect up beat song for me.Anyways, yeah it seems soundgarden has a lot of odd time signatures like outshined and pretty much all of superunknown!

Ya. A lot of 3/4 and 6/4 and 7/4 stuff along those lines.
The.
My favourate album is superunknown but my favourate song is burden in my hand...god that song a couple of summers ago. nothing better than that
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
Quote by IHATECHILDREN

3/4 buddy is a common time sig along with 6/8 and obviously 4/4
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^not really dude. i find that there are a lot of rock songs in 6/8, but not 3/4.

The only 3/4 song I can think of is One by Metallica.

Correct me if Im wrong.
The.
Personally as a HUGE SG fan, I love all of the albums the same, but if I had to pick, it has to be Louder than Love, it's just way underrated. Maybe cause it's got Loud Love
Quote by IHATECHILDREN

Do you have any idea what time signiture Zero Chance is in? It's really weird at some parts...
Quote by Hops44
Alright I just got Badmotorfinger the other day

Love that album.

Outstrips Superunknown by miles. Louder Than Love is all right, but I just don't dig it as much as Badmotorfinger.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
my favorite songs would be outshined, burden in my hand, and the day i tried to live. great band

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Soundgarden are good. im not a huge fan, but i like them.

definitely the best that Cornell has done.
I dunno Frenchy, both Badmotorfinger and Louder Than Love are really great albums... I prefer Badmotorfinger for some experimental psychadelia where I prefer Louder Than Love for it's grittier, punk sound.
^searching with my good eye closed is amazing! I love that album more then **** but it still is tied with the rest because they are all equally good in different ways
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by GnikNus
my favorite songs would be outshined, burden in my hand, and the day i tried to live. great band

Im a fan of Fell on Black Days myself...Oh, and Spoonman.
The.
^that song *fell on...* was the bland song at first and it took me a year to ****ing love it, and know I think its an amazing sad song. the bridge is awsome and the riff is a cool plain nothing special riff but thats what the song is, a plain song and I love that
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman