Page 5 of 81
I like Fell On Black Days alot, it's one of Superunknown's best songs. And Luke, Searching With My Good Eye Closed is quite possibley the tightest song on that album. It's up there with Rusty Cage and Slaves And Bulldozers.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
^ I think superunknown is the best on that album. Cool plain riff in the beginning and the vocals are just outthere and then that black sabbath like riff is so kickass and headbangable and some of his screaming *cornell style* on that song is awsome. Also mailman kicksass too because of its almost doom metal slow droning riff. Ahhh love both of those songs
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
I always liked Like Suicide, The Day I Tried to Live, and Fourth of July from Superunknown the most. On BadMotorFinger, I always thought the coolest song was Drawing Flies. I really don't know why I like that one so much, but whenever I play live with a band, it's one of the few songs I insist on covering. Generally I don't like to play covers, but I absolutely love to play Drawing Flies.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
All of you gentlemen, and gentleladies, have impeccable taste if I may say so. Soundgarden is one of the greatest bands that ever walked the earth. I wish Soundgarden were still together, Chris is such an amazing singer.

I'd love to cover some Soundgarden tunes in my band but most of their songs seem to be in different tunings which is a bitch to try and learn and play.
Fender Stratocaster x 2
Ibanez JS1000BTB
Zakk Wylde Les Paul
Epiphone Flying V
'Texas' Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore Jazz
Fender strat copies x 3
Aria Pro II
Classical guitars x 2
Aria steel string acoustic

Marshall, Crate, Fender amps
The different tunings isn't what bothers me, the hard part is the singing. Especially since it has to be done while playing guitar. I always thought Chris was under rated as a guitar player, anyone who can do that badass song Burden in my Hands while singing, is a hero.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

^ Yeah he can play some complicated shit while singing. Lol I can just barely play and sing fell on black days and thats probably the easiest thing he plays and sings
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Fell on Black Days gets easier after awhile. His hardest, I think is Burden.
Quote by vintage x metal

^definitly!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Fell on Black Days gets easier after awhile. His hardest, I think is Burden.

Burden is an okay song, but Zero Chance is very hard to play and sing. It's got some weirds times in it, too. I found a really good cover of it on Youtube, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01nmgcCzLh4

It may sound a bit weird at first, but it's good.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ I think superunknown is the best on that album. Cool plain riff in the beginning and the vocals are just outthere and then that black sabbath like riff is so kickass and headbangable and some of his screaming *cornell style* on that song is awsome. Also mailman kicksass too because of its almost doom metal slow droning riff. Ahhh love both of those songs

My wave is my fav song off that album, or like suicide.

The whole thing is just so good.
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
^ Its so plain but so kickass at the same time. I love that song
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by RyanInChains9
My wave is my fav song off that album, or like suicide.

The whole thing is just so good.

Fell on Black Days tops the list for me. Or Spoonman. But everything on that album is good...one of my favorites
The.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Fell on Black Days tops the list for me. Or Spoonman. But everything on that album is good...one of my favorites

Let Me Drown and Fell On Black Days.

/thread
LOL
I think that the best Superunknown songs are probably Fell On Black Days, Mailman, Blackhole Sun, and Limo Wreck. Limo Wreck is my favorite tune off that album by far!
If Soundgarden reunited, do you think it recieve as much of a commotion as Rage got when they reunited? It seems that Soundgarden isn't nearly as popular as Rage...
Quote by Kartman
If Soundgarden reunited, do you think it recieve as much of a commotion as Rage got when they reunited? It seems that Soundgarden isn't nearly as popular as Rage...

Yeah but I think soundgarden is still ****ing huge but if they got back together they would suck and turn out like an even more washed out audioslave
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by rockon1824
Awesome live performance of Slaves & Bulldozers

Chris starts singing the lyrics to Alive in the middle lol.

That was brilliant.

Cornell was freakin' hot back in the day.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
^ +12323444235 Im not gay or any thing but I would so tap cornell!
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
haha Kim Thayil is wearing a Marvin Martian tshirt.

And hes blowing on his strings
Last edited by Hops44 at May 11, 2007,
Quote by Kartman
That's pretty awsome!

awesome vid.
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
^ +123123123
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Soundgarden rules.

Im still into Superunknown-man, its good. Kinda depressing, but very good. Especially Fell On Black Days. I dont know what it is about that song, but it is good.
The.
^that, the day i tried to live, and 4th of July are my favorites from superunknown

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
I have always liked the Let Me Drown, Limo Wreck, and Fell On Black Days. That's probably my 3rd favorite SG album.....
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
I have always liked the Let Me Drown, Limo Wreck, and Fell On Black Days. That's probably my 3rd favorite SG album.....

Those, Spoonman and Black Hole Sun.
The.
^^I'm not huge on Superunknown as a whole, it has some great songs, but overall it can be a little boring. I love Limo Wreck, Fell On Black Days and Mailman.

Louder Than Love is where it's at, followed closely by Badmotorfinger and Ultramega OK.
Quote by Kartman
^^I'm not huge on Superunknown as a whole, it has some great songs, but overall it can be a little boring. I love Limo Wreck, Fell On Black Days and Mailman.

Louder Than Love is where it's at, followed closely by Badmotorfinger and Ultramega OK.

Aye, Superunknown is easily NOT their best album. A few great songs (BHS, My Wave, Spoonman...) but on the whole it;s just nowhere as good as Badmotorfinger, Loud Love or Ultramega OK.

Screaming Life is a beast of an EP too.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Aye, Superunknown is easily NOT their best album. A few great songs (BHS, My Wave, Spoonman...) but on the whole it;s just nowhere as good as Badmotorfinger, Loud Love or Ultramega OK.

Damn, I need Badmotorfinger.
The.
I admit Superunknown is not their best; however, it's their most catchy album, a lot like how Nevermind was to Nirvana. I find myself listening to it when I'm in a good mood or when I'm anxious and don't feel like listening to long instrumental breaks or whatever, just catchy melodies.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Screaming Life and Fopp are the only SG albums I don't have!!
Quote by Kartman
Screaming Life and Fopp are the only SG albums I don't have!!

Me too. I'm rather curious as to where I can find them.
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
Me too. I'm rather curious as to where I can find them.

I saw them in a shop called Fopp once (no ****)

By the time I'd gone to the ATM machine and got back to the shop they were gone

DLed them, but I'd buy them the instant I saw them in a shop.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Quote by FrenchyFungus

I disagree. I find Superunknown to be amazing except for the songs written by the bass player guy which are still pretty good. Badmotorfinger is a little too derivative but is still good.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....