Before I start, let me say, I searched but nothing came up. Could not find what i was looking for in the itunes thread either.

So I was just listening to music as usual when all of sudden it closed down on me, I assumed it was nothing big. When I clicked it to start up again, a message came up. It read, something had happened to my playlist and it had to be deleted. It also said that something was destroyed or something like that. I was just wonderin if thats that, or is there somewhere where my music is also stored. I continued with the Itunes program and to my suprise everything was gone, every playlist, ever song. Any ideas? let me know, I really don't want to have to rip every cd again. Thanks.

j
PC's are crap.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Check your My Music folder. If it's not anywhere in there, you're officially boned up the ass without any vaseline.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
try opening my documents and putting:
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\My Music\itunes
or
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\iTunes

in the address bar
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Do a search from ur control panel for one of your songs... check hidden files and folders too... if nothing pops up, then ur music has been deleted and u'lll have to recopy everything but if its there, see where its stored and ur other music will likely be there as well... good luck
That happened to me about a year ago, just with a different program. After trying everything I thought all 30 Gb of music was gone. I had a problem when installing something, and it urged me to run chkdsk. I did so and to my amazement it had restored all the bad sectors where the music had gotten deleted from. However about half of my video files are still corrupt. Eh, oh well.

Anyways, try this: http://www.deltatranslator.com/chkdsk.htm

It worked for me.