ok if there was peace in the world then many things would go great. but that is gonna be very hard to achieve it can be achieved but very hard to. now i got done reading a book for my geography class called AN ORDINARY MAN it is about the killings in Rwanda. It is what inspired the move hotel rwanda. IT is written by the manager of the hotel. he made many goo dpoints and it got me thinking. the problem with many countries is picking their fights. ok the U.S. goes into world war @ and i guess most of us agree on that it was worthy. well we go into desert storms because we are afraid of nuclear weapons which they didnt have and im not geting into the oil thing to controversial and saddam hussein was killing his people. which he was-some of them. but we ignore the Rwandan incident. it was the fastest and most efficient genocide in history. 800,000 people in 100 days. that is 8,000 a day or 5 a min. the hotel manager saved 1,268 people that is worth only about 4 hours of the killing. we also pull out of somalia because 18 people got killed which that isnt good by any standards but to gain u have to give. now if a veteran of somalia says different then he is right and im wrong but we were giving aid and doing the right thing for once and then we pull out cause the freakin american public has there panties in a bunch. that is our right but we finally do something right and we pull out. we barely even helped in rwanda the freakin UN barely even helped out now the people that did help did what they could with their resources. but the problem is we chose our fights for the wrong reason and dont pick the good ones. it is not all the gvmnts fault it is the publics too. the best thing would be peace but with tyrants like the leader of rwanda at that time we will not be able to.
like a chicken on a junebug.- coach teasdale

if you dont want to play basketball go to underwater basket weaving. coach teasdale

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.
-- Douglas Adams
Quote by Dæmönika
Paragraphs or I'm not bothered.

Spelling would be nice too, along with grammar.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Reading that title hurt my brain, it doesnt quite make sense to me and theres to many w's
--
...and the world sighed in relief
to be serious, yeah that's crazy shtuff and it sucks that it happened. but really, what can you do about it now??
ferret.
Good Idea, stop being lazy assholes and read it. I agree we should have helped in Rwanda.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
p to the unct to the muthafuckin uation, fool.

Rwanda.. "never again, right?" Laughable. Nation states need to step up. They knock the U.N. for taking their sovereignty, and with the other hand fail to defend their own people. If a government fails as the Rwandan government did, it's about time that the people revolted.
Live fast, die young.
tl;dr
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by youngandplayin
ok if there was peace in the world then many things would go great. but that is gonna be very hard to achieve it can be achieved but very hard to. now i got done reading a book for my geography class called AN ORDINARY MAN it is about the killings in Rwanda. It is what inspired the move hotel rwanda. IT is written by the manager of the hotel. he made many goo dpoints and it got me thinking. the problem with many countries is picking their fights. ok the U.S. goes into world war @ and i guess most of us agree on that it was worthy. well we go into desert storms because we are afraid of nuclear weapons which they didnt have and im not geting into the oil thing to controversial and saddam hussein was killing his people. which he was-some of them. but we ignore the Rwandan incident. it was the fastest and most efficient genocide in history. 800,000 people in 100 days. that is 8,000 a day or 5 a min. the hotel manager saved 1,268 people that is worth only about 4 hours of the killing. we also pull out of somalia because 18 people got killed which that isnt good by any standards but to gain u have to give. now if a veteran of somalia says different then he is right and im wrong but we were giving aid and doing the right thing for once and then we pull out cause the freakin american public has there panties in a bunch. that is our right but we finally do something right and we pull out. we barely even helped in rwanda the freakin UN barely even helped out now the people that did help did what they could with their resources. but the problem is we chose our fights for the wrong reason and dont pick the good ones. it is not all the gvmnts fault it is the publics too. the best thing would be peace but with tyrants like the leader of rwanda at that time we will not be able to.

TRANSLATION:

Okay, if there was peace in the world than there would be many great things. Unfortunately, achieving peace is possible yet very difficult. I just read a book entitled An Ordinary Man about the killings in Rwanda. This book inspired the movie, Hotel Rwanda. The book was written by the manager of the hotel, who made very many good points. I believe that the problem in achieving peace is that countries do not know how to pick their battles. The United States became involved in World War II, which many considered to be a noble and worthy cause. Whereas the U.S.A. also got involved in Operation Desert Storm because of a fear of nuclear weapons. A possible cause for the war may have been the oil, but that is too controversial to be a definate. A major cause of the war in Iraq was the killing of innocent civilians by their leader, Saddam Hussein. What I wanted to point out is how the U.S.A. ignores the incident in Rwanda, the fastest and most effecient genocide in history. 800,000 people were murdered in 100 days, which calculates out to about 5 every minute.

My complaint is that we pulled out of Somalia too quickly, losing only 18 people. We did not do enough to help. If a veteran from Somalia informs me that we were not giving the aid that the people deserved, than I stand corrected, but as I see it, we were finally giving the aid the people needed but we had to pull out to quickly, a move forced by the American public. Neither the US nor the UN did very much to help the citizens of Somalia, but the people who volunteered to help did the best they could with the resources available to them. To restate my opinion, the problem with countries today is that they choose their fights for the wrong reasons, a fault not only of the government, but of the general public as well. The best thing in this world would be peace but that is unachievable with tyrants like the one in Rwanda.

/End Translation.

I rewrote your post, considering yours was hard to read and comprehend at the same time. I believe this is what you are trying to say, which in my opinion is partially true. The government needs to pay more attention to small scale incidents, but the incident in Rwanda really has very little to do with peace in the grand scheme of things. One of the problems in the world right now, as I see it, is that people rely on the United States too much. They expect the USA to barge in and fix every problem, due to the large amount of money and resources possesed by the USA. Unfortunately, money and power can't solve all the worlds problems, and when they fail to the USA gets blamed for either interfering too much or not interfering enough. The USA would be a much better place if we adopted an isolationist foreign policy, although that would damage a lot of the world around us.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Quote by goods2006
A LOTTA WORDS

That just went from a big bunch of words to 3 big bunchs of words.

But in all fairness, the second bunch made more sense.
Quote by RawrDemon
That just went from a big bunch of words to 3 big bunchs of words.

But in all fairness, the second bunch made more sense.

Yeah but like I said, I wasn't going for a summary. I was going for something someone could read AND understand at the same time (apparently, it's a lot to ask for these days).
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
thank you goods. i have been doped up on medicine for the past week and there are many things going on through my head. it was also late at night. and ya when i read it again i was like wtf and there was some extra info that made it confusing that wasnt totally on topic.
like a chicken on a junebug.- coach teasdale

if you dont want to play basketball go to underwater basket weaving. coach teasdale

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.
-- Douglas Adams