is there any way to get the IPOD to play all the song at the same volume level? I have a lot of mostly metal songs and each one is recorded at one volume on the cd. When i am listening to them loud, some songs play at lower volumes than the others and its annoying. I did a Ctrl+A (to select all songs), right-clicked, went into info and set the volume adjustment to the middle (none) but that does not help. i even reduced the volume level to zero on all the songs and then set them to one volume level. but still some songs are playing at a lower volume than the others. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
There is an option somewhere called "soundcheck". Turn that on from the iPod settings screen.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
It depends on the quality of the songs. If they are from a CD then the volume is usually at a good sounds level but usually if the songs are downloaded then the quality and volume varies.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
youll have to adjust the ones that play quietly so that the have a boost where as the rest have none
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
I don't think the ipod has anything that will help. You should google up something like song volume equalizers and some programs will come up that take your songs and match them all to one volume.

That or you could just hold on to your ipod and change the volume.
the soundcheck makes sure that the song volumes do not go up too much to avoid the exact problem I am having; songs playin at different volumes.

I am already making a note of songs that have too low or too high volumes and changing them manually. That's very cumbersome.

Soul_taker's suggestion seems to be good. I'll check.

thanks!

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield