Okay, so im trying to buy a new guitar.. Im not rich so im thinking in the 300 dollar range....

My last guitar was an Epiphone SG G-400 ... I was looking at a few Ibanez's and i like them a lot ( love the EMG pick ups ) but i havent gotten a chance to play one and im not really into like Metal when i play or anything like that and i hear Ibanez's are really good for metal but i dont really know much about em.. what do u think?.. how do Ibanez's sound clean? any better suggetions?

I guess if i had to label , i like to play stuff in the MArs Volta, Circa Survive, Coheed
" Indie/Progressive" whatever blah blah genre

?help?
dont get an ibanez if your not into metal. there for metal mainly, the emgs period have bad cleans. in the 300 dollar range youre really not gonna get a guitar that isnt complete s*** imo. but maybe you could get a cheap strat or (Epi) Lp
well, for that, i wouldnt go with EMG pickups, not very good cleans at all. but an Ibanez with Dimarzio designed pickups could do it.

another suggestion: Jackson.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i'm pretty sure coheed uses EMG's every now and then, i think he has them in 2 or three of his guitars (main guitarist), not sure...emg's, imo, i hate the cleans, but some people love them, i'd say try them out first, they're a love or hate thing
they can do clean...but they really are METAL and EMO guitars.....mine does alright with clean but its better disorted.....try looking on musciansfriend.com and then see if you can find osmethin in your price range...
UG's HIPPIE
dont get an ibanez if your not into metal. there for metal mainly, the emgs period have bad cleans. in the 300 dollar range youre really not gonna get a guitar that isnt complete s*** imo. but maybe you could get a cheap strat or (Epi) Lp

I still don't know where people get that idea from

You can play anything on any guitar, Ibanez have a styles ranging from that new spiky Xiphos thing to extremely good semi-acoustics and everything in-between. Something like an RG is a good choice for a metal player because the thin neck and flat fingerboard radius lend themselves to the fast runs toy tend to find in metal playing, however that doesn't mean you can't play anything else on them. The RG is as versatile as any guitar, and more versatile than many, same goes for the S series. If you get a H-S-H model positions 2 & 4 give you a split humbucker and middle pickup which gives you a pretty stratty sound which is great for sparkling cleans.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I still don't know where people get that idea from

You can play anything on any guitar, Ibanez have a styles ranging from that new spiky Xiphos thing to extremely good semi-acoustics and everything in-between. Something like an RG is a good choice for a metal player because the thin neck and flat fingerboard radius lend themselves to the fast runs toy tend to find in metal playing, however that doesn't mean you can't play anything else on them. The RG is as versatile as any guitar, and more versatile than many, same goes for the S series. If you get a H-S-H model positions 2 & 4 give you a split humbucker and middle pickup which gives you a pretty stratty sound which is great for sparkling cleans.

I can see the neck and fingerboard radius attributing to the "ibanez = metal" but the tone that most ibanez produce out of a typical metal amplifier (plug an RG1570 with you're choice of pickups into a Marshall JCM800 even with a boost...) is subpar to Alder or Mahogany.. and almost no metal players use them anyways...

I think it should be "ibanez = shred"
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Pickups become more of a factor with basswood, it's pretty neutral so there's not as much going on to blend with the pickups tone. I'll agree that the RG is a shredder's dream, but Ibanez make more than RG's and S's so to say Ibanez are just for metal is just daft.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Pickups become more of a factor with basswood, it's pretty neutral so there's not as much going on to blend with the pickups tone. I'll agree that the RG is a shredder's dream, but Ibanez make more than RG's and S's so to say Ibanez are just for metal is just daft.

True.. but why not play a stick with pickups then?

+

Jetkings and Artcores are sweeeet, as are artists to a lesser extent...
True.. but why not play a stick with pickups then?

Someone will have made one y'know
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Someone will have made one y'know

Steinberger?
I love my Ibanez for clean. If I switch to the middle-back pickup it gets almost an acoustic sound.
Quote by Jongpil Yun
How about Les Paul.

The broomstick with pickups!

Yeah, Ibanez are more shred-oriented guitars. With higher-output pickups (I swear, pickup replacement is almost a standard thing on every Ibanez guitar except the signature models) they are strong metal guitars, but their main forté is clear and articulate tone that is excellent for speed.
no
Quote by bucky_2300
The broomstick with pickups!

Yeah, Ibanez are more shred-oriented guitars. With higher-output pickups (I swear, pickup replacement is almost a standard thing on every Ibanez guitar except the signature models) they are strong metal guitars, but their main forté is clear and articulate tone that is excellent for speed.

I half agree.
I find the average RG is waaay too weak for metal subgenre's like death, thrash, black, etc.. but it can do Glam/Hair and Prog decently..

Of course, ibanez is really shred, not metal, in my opinion
Ibanez doesn't make many models with emgs. what model are you looking at? ibanez does a lot with semour duncan. duncans are present in ibanezs more so than emgs.
Quote by zeroconsequence
Ibanez doesn't make many models with emgs. what model are you looking at? ibanez does a lot with semour duncan. duncans are present in ibanezs more so than emgs.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=519783

theres the IBanez with EMG's

yeah i think im just gonna try one out at sam ash and buy off of musicians friend.. Im getting lots of mixed stuff on the Ibanez.... If not Ibanez.. what other brands would be cool?...

like what guitars do u guys play? What kinda music would u say you play?

Thanks A LOT guy/gals for all of ur help by the way ..
Last edited by AllenRothenberg at Feb 1, 2007,