So tomorrow im trading two sets of strings for a BRAND NEW bridgecraft strat. Ya ya its a piece of shit i know, ive played it but i figuer for $15 worth of sitrings i cant pass it up. So i plan on adjusting the truss, making a bone nut for it and lowering the bridge. Granted it will still play like shit but it should make a nice wall hanger at the least right? Anything else i can do to improve this pile? Its not worth modding so im not gonna buy new pickups, pots, and whatnot although i do have some pups out of a squire that will probably be better so i might swap em out. The finish is actually pretty nice. Red stain on a basswood body.

EDIT: Just for fun i was thinking about screwing the fender logo plate that i got off my older amp onto the headstock. I was originally gonna make a belt buckle out of it but then i realized it was plastic so i figure hell, might as well put it somewhere.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Arlabester
whats it made of?

Basswood i think
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
buy like a nice peraliod pickguard and like some nice knobs and stuff to make it look like its not a peice of shit on ur wall lol
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
Quote by Arlabester
it might be worth modding.

new bridge, tuners, pickups and a neck. thatd be decent.

U saying that a basswood body isnt actually all that bad?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
U saying that a basswood body isnt actually all that bad?

its not bad at all.

i love my squier (yes i know, weird)

basswood IMO is a high quality wood. mod away my friend.
Quote by Arlabester
its not bad at all.

i love my squier (yes i know, weird)

basswood IMO is a high quality wood. mod away my friend.

Alright, sounds good actually. Maybe put a fender, or warmoth neck on it and throw on a pearloid or tortise shell style pickguard w/ some tex mex pups for a nice blues tone?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
yeah, my old mustang was basswood and it was amazing.
you could really have some fun with it.
go for it.
basically the impression i get around here is that any wood besides plywood makes good guitars, and i can see the sense in that.
Paint it red with flames and a racing stripe. That'll make you play a lot faster.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Generalpwnt
Paint it red with flames and a racing stripe. That'll make you play a lot faster.

No, you're thinking of Ferrari stickers.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
No, you're thinking of Ferrari stickers.

I find that the red/flame/racing stripe combination does much better than that of the Ferrari sticker.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by forsaknazrael
You're all wrong. It needs spinners and a spoiler to increase playing speed.

Don't forget the most amount of subwoofers you can fit in it, with a gang of African Americans waving and making a general racket inside it. That makes it go fast, in STYLE
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Pfft. Hydraulics will make your guitar OH so much better.

anyway, basswood is a good tonewood. my Cort is made from it, and alot of Ibanezs are.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
yeh nearly all apart fram th sz series and some others its suhr i think said it is the holy grail of tonewoods
i just stick to mahogany personally
As someone who's done repairs on several Bridgecraft guitars, I say don't worry about mods. You can pull a ducks neck all you want you still can't make a swan. A new neck won't fit without modding the neck pocket or the neck (trust me, I've had to do it). About the best you can do with that guitar is dress the frets and set it up as good as it will let you. Trying to do anything real to that piece of garbage will only frustrate you.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You're all wrong. It needs spinners and a spoiler to increase playing speed.

someone please get a crappy guitar and out a spoiler at the bottom, could make it into a car concept guitar, could have wheel knobs a spoiler race stripes lil exhausts or sumit, just random would be good though
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Your all wrong!!!!!

The Guitar needs a Mini Tank of Nitro, to give your playing a right electrifing Boost!
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join