Page 1 of 2
How many hours do you practice guitar daily ? I practice like 2 hours , I still cant understand how could Petrucci practice 6 hours a day , its just too much , I cant stand playing for more than 3 hours , I get bored and tired .
i wish i could practice that much... but between school, homework, and random other junk i only get to practice about an hour every other day. If i had it my way, I'd practice a good two or three hours daily
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
I practice guitar about 2 weeks a day
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
A minium of 3 hours a day. I dont goto to school right anymore so I play guitar all day and I never get bored or tierd of it, it's like the most fun thing to do at my house.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
sometimes I practice for like 2 hours, then later in the night go for a jam session for about 2 hours, these 4 hour days of guitar happen probably 3 times a week, then there are days when I don't play at all, like right now i'm typing on a message board, while my guitar sits in its case
rite now.. not that much, but when my new Esp I ordered comes in, I'm pretty much going to play everyday. Only reason I don't right now is because my current guitar is totally f*ked
About an hour a day. Ive been so busy lately with the end of term and exams this week (killer science final exam tomorrow). Hope to get more into it once the new semester begins.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Give or take around 1 to 2 hours.. I don't really time myself..
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

about eleventeen hours a day.

but really, no limit. sometimes all day, sometimes 20 mins. whatever i feel like that day.
Depends. Sometimes I am loaded with homeowrk and other activities and only have time for 10 minutes of playing. Other times I play for maybe 3-4 hours.
2 hours a day from Thursday to Sunday.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I've been learning for a month or two. The main problem I have is that I don't know that many songs so 15-20 mins and I've ran through all the songs I can play and a few riffs. I then practise finger exercises for another 15-20 mins and then run out of ideas. It can be a bummer sometimes. Other times I can sit and mess around for another 5-10 mins, that usually makes up just about an hour.

I also work long hours so that takes away from the time I can play.
always in the poo, only the depth changes
i jam with my band every night for 2 or 3 hours.

when i'm not jamming, i'll play either classical guitar, if it is a day that i'm not jamming i might play for 3 hours or more, but not in a row, i'll do 45 min sessions throughout the evening until 3 am.
Cream fan club member #11.
i play however long is efficient, i love playing my guitar, absolutely love it, i could play it for hours and hours and hours. practice though, practice is different, i've practiced so much over the years that i do it until i'm done practicing. sometimes its 20 minutes sometimes its an hour. i think a lot of people play and assume they're practicing (not everybody, just some people) but thats not the case. practice is when you sit down and say "this isn't clean enough i need to focus and work on this specific thing" or "i need to learn how to do this"
I normally study/practice anywhere between an hour a day and 5 hours a day, then on weekends [Fri, Sat, Sun] I work 10 hours a day, and come to the band-house and play about 5 hours a day on top of that.. And sometimes we even jam from like midnight to 7 am, sleep, work, and do it all again the next night.

It all depends.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
I try to practice sweep picking for an hour a day, then the rest of the night i usually play guitar, depends on if i work tho. Then it would be just a couple hours.
i have problems believing so many people PRACTICE 5 hours a day, if you do thats cool, i just have trouble believing it is all. after an hour of actual focused practice my brain starts to wander and i gotta stop otherwise its ineffective and virtually useless to keep practicing.
monday-wednesday 3-5 hours a day. On thursday its anywhere from 4-6 then one the weekends i play like 4 hours a day. I dont play all at the same time, like more like an hour here, hour there.
Last edited by SillyRabbit at Feb 1, 2007,
On a quite unrelated subject; if someone who has been playing for about nine months or so, practice one to three hours each and every day, how long would you estimate it would be before I... I mean... That hypothetical person could nail the solo to Walk by Pantera?

Seriously, it's kicking my ass and then raping me through it!
i play all together like 2.5 hours a day. i usually sit down and just play guitar for like an hour and a half and play when doing stuff, so it adds up
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
Quote by Renka
On a quite unrelated subject; if someone who has been playing for about nine months or so, practice one to three hours each and every day, how long would you estimate it would be before I... I mean... That hypothetical person could nail the solo to Walk by Pantera?

Seriously, it's kicking my ass and then raping me through it!

well now that depends.... everybody learns at different speeds. but if you're actually PRACTICING instead of playing and you're practicing efficiently the things you need to be practicing the WAY you should be practicing them. not too long relatively.
When I first started I got in 3-4 hours day - then I got intesne into playign and play 5-6 hours hours a day and now Im back at 3-4 hours per day.
^ which is the point i'm trying to make, out of all your time playing how much of it is actual practice and not just playing.... yeah thats me over there, the guy beating the dead horse.
I dont really practice, i kinda just, pick it up and play stuff i like or learn something i like or write something when i feel like it. But i play like 3 hours probally. On saturday when the bands over i probally do more like 6 hours.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

3-5 hours. Now all I'm basically doing with practicing is learning to sight read. God, guitar players are cursed with inability to read music, it seems.
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
^ haha, theres a big learning curve with sheet music, i'll buy that you practice with sheet music for 3-5 hours, but keep it up man, it gets easier.
Hah, yeah, I know, its hard. But, hey, I don't care if it takes a while, it'll come.
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
Page 1 of 2